Leona

Severus' doe demanded that Minerva meet him in his office

Severus' doe demanded that Minerva meet him in his office. Minerva did not need to be told that twice; she excused herself from the Order meeting and walked as fast as possible from the Council Room to the headmaster's office. With a shortcut Hogwarts granted her, she made it to the gargoyle in two minutes. The stone creature let her pass and Minerva swept up the stairs.
She door opened with a bang and Minerva hadn't even stepped into the room when she said: "And? What did ye find?"

Severus turned around and glared at her.
"That my door has suffered enough from people constantly barging in."

Minerva scowled and shut the door behind her.
"Spill th' beans, laddie. I've got na patience today."

Severus reached into a pocket of his robes and pulled out a wrinkled piece of parchment.
"First thing I did was check for a pulse", he said with a stony face. "Albus isn't dead."

Minerva gasped and stumbled slightly; she had to hold on to the door behind her to keep her balance.
"He's not-"
She drew a strained breath, trying to understand what this meant. Albus had survived the Killing Curse. Albus was-

"He's alive", whispered Minerva and she felt a smile creep up on her face. "Albus is alive!"

Severus watched her silently. Although he did not show it, inwardly he was filled with relief. His heart was beating much faster than usual, encouraged by the knowledge that his friend had survived.

Minerva put a hand to her chest and, not able to wipe off the smile off her face, looked at the parchment Severus' was holding.
"What's that yer holdin'?", she asked and took another breath to calm down.

"It was underneath his head", explained Severus and slowly handed it to her. He watched warily how Minerva accepted the parchment and lifted it to read the written words, which had been written in Albus' handwriting.
"You might get a shock", Severus warned her.

Minerva furrowed her eyebrows and began reading. And once she had started, she couldn't stop until her eyes had flitted over the last period of the last sentence.

My dear Minerva,

If you are reading this, then I presume you have understood what my missing portrait means.
Yes, I am alive. The explanation may come as a surprise to you, but I hope you will understand and forgive me for what I have done.
My true name is Gandalf the White. I was once long ago sent to Middle-Earth by the Valar to protect the creatures we now call Titans. I was their guardian and had vowed to ensure that the balance between the elements was kept and never disturbed. Back then, a dark power was threatening the peace. You have heard of his name; it was Sauron.
Now, once again the balance of the world is about to tip to the dark side. In order for you to win this war, Voldemort must truly believe that I am dead. Only then, will he let his guard down.

I cannot foresee what will happen, but know this: Severus is and has always been one of my most truest friends. He is on our side and I have ordered him to cast the Killing Curse on me.
But I am not a normal human; the Killing Curse will not harm me. It will merely send me into a sleep that will last for at least a year. However, I cannot predict when precisely I shall awake.