(Volume 1) Chapter 1: Shining Beacon

(Lazarus' POV)

"You're a monster. A FREAK!"

That was the last words of the last victim that I drained the blood of... He was one of the S.D.C mine operators... I particularly remembered him... because of the hell he put me through... But he wasn't the only life I took on that day... The cheerful squealing of someone I definitely couldn't forget, no matter how hard I tried, brought be out of my trance. Currently, I was standing in the airship that was taking me and my two "sisters", Ruby and Yang, the former of which was two years younger than me and Yang, to the Huntsman Academy, Beacon Academy.

Yang: Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!

Yang proceeded to bear hug Ruby, causing her to try and break out to prevent her suffocation

Ruby: Please... Stop...

Yang finally decided to not kill our sister before her first day even began and let her go.

Yang: But I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: Really sis, it was nothing.

Yang: What do you mean!? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the "bee's knees"

Ruby: I don't want to be the "bee's knees" okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees...

Yang: What's with you? Aren't you excided??

Ruby: Of course I'm excited, I just got moved ahead two years. I don't want anyone to think I'm special or anything...

Yang: But you are special. Right, Laz?

I looked at Yang before turning to Ruby.

Me: Being enrolled into a Huntsman Academy two years ahead is not a common feat. I say be proud of yourself, Ruby. You earned this.

Yang smirked as Ruby smiled sweetly at me before lunging into my arms and embracing me.

Ruby: Thanks Laz. That means a lot.