Chapter 6: Jaunedice

(3rd Person POV)

In Glynda's combat class, the students watched a sparring match between Jaune and Cardin, the former loosing very poorly. Cardin knocked him back, forcing Jaune's shield out of his hand but Jaune got up and charged at Cardin again and locks weapons with him.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead bo-

Jaune got rudely cut off by Cardin kneeing him in the gut, causing him to fall over in pain. Cardin rose his mace up into the air and got ready to strike down on Jaune but he was stopped by the buzzer going and Glynda ending the match.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough. Students as you see, Mr. Arc's Aura has dropped into the red. In a tournament style dual, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle. And they officially may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now, please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you to decide when it is important to attack or when it's better to move to a more defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself.

Glynda glared at him before addressing the entire class.

Glynda: Remember everyone! The Vytal Festival is only a few months away, and it won't be long before students from other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing.

Ruby, Weiss, Cassie, Cassandra and Yang seemed excited while Olympia seemed really nervous but she slightly jumped from the feeling of someone patting her head. She looked up to see, Lazarus patting her head with a small smile.

Lazarus: Don't worry. You'll do just fine.

She smiled back at him.

Olympia: Y-Yeah.

Glynda: Those who choose to compete, will be representing all of Vale.

Pyrrha looked at Jaune, who looked completely defeated...

"I-I'M TOO SCARED TO FIGHT BACK..."
CHAPTER 6: JAUNEDICE

(3rd Person POV)

Currently, Teams RWBY, LCOC and JNPR were it the cafeteria having lunch, however, Lazarus was just drinking some juice due to him not being able to eat any form of food. While they were having lunch, Nora was telling a story.

Nora: So... There we were... in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day...

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai.

Ren: They were Beowolves...

Nora: DOZENS OF THEM!!!

Ren: ...Two of them.

Nora: But they were no match and in the end, Ren and I took them down and make a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs.

Yang and Olympia seemed interested, Blake, Weiss and Cassie weren't paying any attention and Cassandra was just... absolutely massacring a piece of meat she had. However, Pyrrha and Ruby were eyeing Jaune, who was just picking at his food like a toddler.

Ren: *sigh* She's been having the same recurring dream for nearly a month now.

Pyrrha: Jaune... Are you okay?

Jaune: Huh? Oh yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little... not okay.

Jaune then began to laugh nervously.