(Volume 3) Chapter 1: The Process

(3rd Person POV)

Ruby: How is he doing...?

Teams RWBY, the remaining members of team LCOC and the Mothra Twins, Maina and Miana stood in front of the nice doctor who stood in front of the medical room that held Lazarus. They all dawned worried expressions, especially Weiss.

Doctor: Since he got here, he hasn't spoken once, even during the sessions. There was no life in his eyes at all...

The tone she used sounded worried and sad. Hearing this, Ruby and Weiss became on the verge of tears.

Doctor: I even tried to give him food to eat but he wouldn't eat a single bite.

Blake: Well, he's a Vampire.

Yang: He needs to drink blood.

Doctor: Ah! How did I not notice?

Ruby: He usually drinks mine or Yang's blood. So if you possibly need blood to give him, you could call either of us.

Doctor: I see... I'll keep that in mind. *sigh* I... am not sure when or IF he'll be back to normal. All I can do is keep trying until I can properly help him.

Cassie rested her hands on the shoulders of Ruby and Weiss.

Cassie: We understand, ma'am. But if it will help, Laz told me the time we met, that he meditated to help with the nightmares he has. But he never told any of us what those nightmares were about. But seeing how he reacted when encountering that Grimm in Vale, I think it is safe to assume that most of his nightmares were about that Grimm.

Weiss: He... told me something...

Everyone looked at the Schnee, who continued to hug herself.

Weiss: He told me once... that he had a nightmare of me... He never specified on what it was about but...

Yang: You think that Grimm was a part of it as well?

Weiss just simply nodded as the doctor put her hand to her chin.

Doctor: I see... Well, that's all I have for an update today.

Olympia: Will he be alright by time for the Vytal Festival Tournament?

Doctor: *sigh* I wish I could tell you the answer to that, dear. I can't really do much to speed up this process. It will all be up to him. But the Tournament is in one week so all hope isn't lost yet. He's supposed to be participating right?

Cassie: Yeah. He's in fact our team leader. *gestures to herself, Olympia and Cassandra*

Doctor: I see. Alright, I'll do all I can for him.

Ruby: Thank you Doctor. We'll leave my brother in your hands.

Weiss: Wait!

Everyone looked to the heiress.

Weiss: Could I possibly... visit him?

Doctor: Oh, of course. In fact, you can visit him all you like.

Weiss: Ah, thank you.

Weiss slightly bowed to the doctor before entering the room. As soon as she entered, the door closed behind her as her eyes slightly widen upon seeing the Vampire sitting on the lone bed. The blue ring patter on his horns, were dull along with his golden eyes, which now resembled a de-saturated bronze. Weiss could feel her eyes burning from the tears as she walked towards him.

Weiss: Laz...?

Like the doctor said, there was no response from him... Just a dead, unsettling silence... this only further Weiss' urge to cry more. Tears fell down her cheeks as she stopped right next to him and leaned over his bed to inspect his face.

Weiss: I... I don't know what that Grimm did to you in your past, but you faced it head on and conquered it... just so that we would be safe... But in the process, you suffered greatly...

Weiss latched herself onto the Vampire, embracing his motionless body tightly...

Weiss: *weeping* I wish I could help you... but I just don't know what to do... You helped me so many times in the past... yet I can't return the favor when you need it the most...

She continued to cry into his shirt, not wanting to let go of him, but she knew she couldn't stay forever.

Weiss: But... I promise you...

She lifted her head and wiped the tears from her eyes before looking at the motionless vampire with a determined expression.

Weiss: I won't let you down. In this Tournament, I'll win for your sake.

Weiss hugged him again before planting a gentle yet passionate kiss on his cheek. As she remained there, the left index finger of the vampire twitched slightly. Weiss pulled away before getting up.

Weiss: Because I love you.

She turned to leave but just then...

"I love you too, Weiss."

Weiss gasped and looked back at Lazarus, only to see him still motionless... But it was his voice she heard... She smiled with tears in her eyes before leaving the room...

>>Present Day<<

Port: And Team RWBY wins!

Port announced excitedly though the television as the same doctor looked at it before turning to Lazarus, who still seemed unresponsive. She sighed before turning back to her medical tablet-like scroll.

***********************************

It was pitch black within this space... it was almost like a certain void... In the middle of this void, was a platform that held Lazarus, who sat on it, hugging his knees as he lowered his head, almost as if he was sleeping... He stayed there, motionless and in silence until...

"Son."

His eyes opened, revealing them to be their normal golden color... He slowly looked up, tilting his head slightly in confusion before a golden light shined in front of him. He shielded his eyes from it, but little did he know, that the light was changing shape... into something more humanoid...

When the light died down, he looked back up only to be shocked by the figure that stood in front of him... a young woman with long silvery-white hair, a pair of bright golden eyes and two onyx horns on her head; she wore a red dress with red ribbons wrapped around her arms and a golden choker around her neck... Lazarus couldn't believe who this person was in front of him... She was the same one who sacrificed herself to that Minotaur that attacked their home all those years ago in Atlas; the one who wielded those twin Kamas with the blue flames; it was her...

 She was the same one who sacrificed herself to that Minotaur that attacked their home all those years ago in Atlas; the one who wielded those twin Kamas with the blue flames; it was her

Lazarus: Mom...?

She smiled sweetly at him...

"Hello, my son."

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST VOLUME 3

——————————————————————
And Volume 3 begins!