14

YEJI

"babe.." felix called me as soon as he noticed my presence. he turned off the telly before standing up and opening his arms to embrace me.

"why are you here?" i simply inquired as he gently wrapped his arms around my shoulder. i hugged him back, making me to sniff his familiar scent, but i quickly pulled away.

"that's how you greet your boyfriend after some days of no communication?" he stated with a hint of irritation.

i rolled my eyes, "i had no idea that there's no signal in that place. and if you're here just to argue, then go home. i'm tired, felix." i said annoyingly as i walked towards the kitchen.

"eomma?" i shouted.

"your mom is in her room," felix informed and followed me. i then opened the fridge and grabbed a water pitcher.

as i poured the water in the glass, i felt his presence from behind, placing his hands on my shoulder.

"i was so worried about you, yeji.." he said softly while caressing my shoulder, "i miss you.."

"nice acting, oscar worthy." i simply said as i arched my brows and latched my lips on the glass.

"huh?"

i let out a dry chuckle as i placed down the glass and wiped my lips with the back of my hand, "playing innocent?"

"what the-- wait.." he paused, "is.. this.. a hickey?" he suddenly asked and touched the my neck.

fuck. i think the concealer faded away already.

"you know what, come inside my room. let's talk." i said with no emotions at all as i walked passed him. i don't want my mom to hear our conversation.

he obliged me and followed me 'till we reached my room. i closed the door as he turned on the light. i then threw my back pack on the bed and opened the window before turning around to face him and crossed my arms.

"let's break up." there. i finally said it. saying those words were hurting me but this one year and a half relationship must come to an end.

felix furrowed his brows, giving me a questioning look. "what the hell, yeji?"

i scoffed and shook my head, "let's not fool ourselves anymore, felix. i'm not--"

"is this because of ryujin?" he cuts me off, causing me to stop talking. his voice got deeper than usual.

i released a sharp sigh and ran my hand through my hair in frustration. well, as felix's partner, i told him about my past. he knew that i was head over heels for ryujin.

actually, he was there in han river when i was waiting for her to come.

"did you sleep with her?" he asked one more time in his cold voice as he walked closer to me.

"yes," i answered honestly as i sat down on the edge of the bed. oh god, i could feel the guilt started to engulf me. i know what i did was wrong, but it feel so right when i was with her.

"so you cheated on me because i cheated on you." he shot me a look and i can feel the anger in his voice, "did you do this for a revenge?"

"what? no." i retorted back and stood up to face him again. the audacity of this man. "i didn't cheat for revenge, felix."

"then, why?" he raised his voice, giving me an intense stare.

"i cheated because.. " i shut my eyes as i heaved a heavy sigh, thinking the right words to say.