23

YEJI

i started to walk towards the front door but my sense of balance is distorted. i can't walk properly because i feel like, i'm swaying.

"yeji!" i heard her voice but i just ignored it. 

i feel so drowsy and my vision is getting blurry because of the tears, but i continued to walk.

suddenly, i felt her arm around my waist, helping me in balancing myself but i pushed her away.

"go home, ryujin. sasaengs may catch you seeing with someone else and tell the public that your cheating on haechan." i said with a hint of sarcasm and chuckled dryly. i then wiped my eyes to look at her clearly but i couldn't see her whole face because she's wearing a facemask and a cap.

"you're j-just drunk, yeji, you're still not sober," ryujin tried to touch me again but i avoided it.

"i mean it okay! everything that i've said, i fucking mean it! let's end this!" i pointed out and turned my back to her but she held my wrist.

"no, you don't, yeji. you're not in the right state of mind and i--"

"please, ryujin. j-just g-go home," i requested in a tired voice and stared at her with my pleading eyes, "please. go." i whispered but such in a way that she could still hear it.

she's shaking her head but gradually letting go of my wrist. i released my hand from her grip and walked towards the door.

i could still feel her presence behind me but i chose to ignore it. i then began looking my keys inside my bag but i couldn't find it.

"here," she said and handed me my key.

i furrowed my brows and stared at her. she has my key? how could that be possible?

"i drove your car right?" ryujin reminded me.

it took me some seconds before i realized it. yeah, of course, she has my key because she was the one who drove my car.

i gently took it and turned around to face the door. and when i heard ryujin's footsteps slowly heading away from me, i pressed my lips together and shut my eyes.

she's leaving.

i didn't realize that my tears began to pour again as I tried to insert the key into the door knob. i've been trying to insert the key for a minute but haven't been able to, until i've ran out of patience and stopped moving. i then leaned my forehead against the door and closed my eyes as tears continuously dropping on the ground.

"love isn't always pretty. it isn't always filled with rainbows and butterflies, glitz and glam, or fucking in your bedroom nonstop, shouting each other's name in pleasure."

out of the blue, lia's voice echoed inside my head.

"no matter how much you love someone, you'll get tired of their fucking shit. you'll get mad, angry, frustrated and miserable."

"but how you deal with those problems is a measure of how important they are to you, how much you care, and how much you love them."

i opened my eyes again and stared on the ground. i can recall what my cousin was telling me earlier.

"giving up on love isn't a great choice, especially if it's something you really want, you dumb fucking bitch."

i inhaled deeply, trying to process all the words that she had said to me.

yeah, you're right, lia-yah. i chuckled dryly, "i'm a dumb fucking bitch," i murmured before dropping my keys and bag on the ground and turned around to look at her.