Chapter 1: a glimpse of her world

People shouting her name. Desperately taking her pictures. Trying their best to be noticed. And her, flashing a smile at the audience. Waving like she always used to. Yes, this is the life of Kim Minji. Minji is an actress that started acting ever since she was a child. Starting from the age of 12, she is now a known actress in the industry. With 14 years of experience and over a hundred movies, directors, writers, and other actors are desperate to work with her. Any movie could become a blockbuster hit with her talent and fame. Entering the award show with her arms linked to an actor, people and their cameras follow each step of the actress. As they now reached the red carpet, the host started asking questions to them.

“So Ms. Kim Minji, your movie ‘Grace’ is nominated as Best Film and you are nominated as Best Actress. Do you think you and your movie will be able to win both awards?” Minji, as she is now used to these kinds of questions, answered,

“For me, it doesn’t matter whether we win the awards or not. Sure it’ll be great for me and the movie but I just want people to enjoy our movie that all the staff and other actors and actresses worked hard for. Awards don’t really matter” The host clapped and said,

“As always, the humble Kim Minji really suits you. I see that you’re here with your partner in the movie, Lee Min Seok. A lot of people were amazed by your chemistry with him. How was it working with Lee Min Seok?”

“It was very nice. Lee Min Seok is also a veteran actor so working with him wasn’t hard. He knew what to do and even led me in some scenes. He even suggested things that were out of script so it was all good.”

“Hmm…. I see…. As I said, a lot of people felt your chemistry.” The host continued to babble and Minji knows what the next part is.

“Is it possible that you and Lee Min Seok have something behind the cameras?” And there it was. The question that people are so desperate to ask. Desperate to know whether she and her co-actors are a couple in real life. To her surprise, Lee Min Seok answered first.

“I am a big fan of Minji” She thought to herself ‘Did this guy just call me by my first name? We are not even close’ but still listened to his answer.

“We got close during recording and Minji is really a good person. It’s easy to fall in love with her and her charms. Undeniably, I would want something more to happen with her” Lee Min Seok answered confidently and smiled at Minji and the host. With that answer, the host of course is excited to get these kinds of news.

“OooooOOoh. How about you Kim Minji? With a handsome and perfect guy like Min Seok, I think you’ll feel the same” Ugh at this point Minji was so annoyed but still flashed a smile to the host.

“I’m not really looking for relationships right now. I still want to focus on my career and my career only.” As she said that, she saw the look on her co-actor’s face drop. Minji wasn’t really interested in relationships. Or should she say men in general. Of course, no one knew that except for her closest friends. Not even her parents knew about it.

They continued to walk inside the hall and sat down at their designated seats. At her left was Lee Min Seok and at her right was an actress that she admired too. Handong. Despite being long in the industry, she only worked with Handong twice. Handong is a rookie actress yet she’s already making a name for herself. Before Handong became an actress, she already came out as a lesbian in the industry. Of course, it was hard especially with them living in a conservative country. But Handong, in those 3 years ever since her debut, did her best to showcase her talent and made people look at her for her talent, not her sexuality. Minji was jealous at Handong’s courage and bravery to do that. She also wants to do that. Maybe someday, she hopes.