Chapter 10: Best girlfriend

A week has already passed, and Minji is recovering well. She asked Yoohyeon about the number of weeks that she has before she gets discharged.

“Hey Yooh? How many more weeks do I still have left before I get discharged?” Minji asked Yoohyeon while the doctor was playing with her hand. 

“Hmmm? Oh. Let me see your wound then.” Minji lifted her shirt up. Yoohyeon, flustered at the girl, cleared her throat and asked,

“Will you film right away? After you get discharged?” Minji nodded and sighed

“Yes….. They already reduced some scenes but I’m way behind.” Yoohyeon finished examining Minji’s wound, bringing back down the shirt of the older. She kissed Minji on the head and caressed her cheek,

“A week. A week left and you’ll be able to go home! Although, no intense action scenes during the first week of filming.” Minji just smiled and nodded. 

“Don’t you have patients, Dr. Kim Yoohyeon?” The doctor just giggled,

“I’m not the on-call doctor for today. I’m only an on-call doctor during Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Since today is Tuesday, I’m basically free!” Minji laughed,

“What if there’s an emergency though? And the on-call doctors are not available?” 

“That’s where I step in. If an on-call doctor is in surgery or is taking care of an emergency patient, other doctors of the departments go. I always go since I don’t have a lot to do. Why is Ms. Kim Minji suddenly interested? Want to become a doctor too?” Minji giggled and smacked Yoohyeon’s shoulders.

“Silly. The person that I like is a doctor. Of course, I’m naturally interested. I want to know your schedules, what you usually do, and all that.” Yoohyeon blushed at the consideration of the actress. Minji placed a kiss on Yoohyeon’s lips.

“You’re so cute, Yooh.” Yoohyeon got redder and fanned her face.

“Stop it Minji!” Minji just kept teasing the doctor. 

“Okay, for real. I wanna get to know you too, Minji. Tell me about being an actress.” Looking like a puppy, Yoohyeon placed her hands under her chin and attentively listened to Minji. They were interrupted by Minji’s parents.

“Oh? Dr. Kim? I mean- Yoohyeon? What are you doing here?” Yoohyeon stood up to greet Minji’s parents.

“Oh. I’m just here to check on Minji and keep her company for a while. Since you’re here, I’m gonna go now.” She whispered in Minji’s ears before leaving.

“Text me, okay?” Yoohyeon gave a small smile and left the room. 

-

Yoohyeon told Gahyeon about the recent happenings in her life. The younger kept jumping and shouting, obviously thrilled at the idea. Gahyeon has been busy with her thesis. After she completes this, she’ll have a practical exam and she’ll be a 4th year resident. Yoohyeon suddenly hugged Gahyeon

“I’m so proud of you, Gahyeon. I remember you approached me with trembling hands and a stuttering voice.” Gahyeon pulled out from the hug.

“HEY! I thought we won’t talk about that anymore!” Yoohyeon just patted Gahyeon’s head. Gahyeon needed to go to study. Usually, Yoohyeon’s routine was checking on the patients, seeing Gahyeon for coffee, going to the ER, then sleep. But thanks to Minji, her routine changed vastly. She started to take healthy meals in between, rested a lot, but her day always ends by going to Minji and kissing her good night. They would do it when Minji’s visitors are asleep. They would take walks, eat together, play games together. Minji definitely brought life to Yoohyeon and the doctor couldn’t be more thankful to Minji for choosing her.