Chapter 26: I pledge my love and life to you

Minji was nervous. She’s been to red carpets, premieres, hollywood movies, interviews and such. But her nerves this time cannot beat any of that. She’s going to walk down the aisle, to marry the love of her life. She’s scared that she might trip because Yoohyeon looked too good and she was distraught by her, and that would be plain embarrassing. She looked at the mirror once again and exhaled. She still can’t believe that she’s wearing her dream wedding dress and is gonna marry the woman of her dreams. It’s just 3 months ago when Yoohyeon asked her the question and now, she’s standing in front of a mirror, looking at herself with a pounding heart with the idea of being Yoohyeon’s wife soon.

Her parents came into the room where she was staying and they gasped. The sleeves of her dress were see through with flower patterns that reached till her elbows, and a low v neck cut that accentuated her chest. Her mom cried at the sight of her daughter. 

“Minji….. You look so so beautiful.” Minji hugged her mom, careful to not cry since she doesn’t want to get her make-up ruined. Her dad turned around, attempting to stop the tears from flowing. Her brother took pictures of her and was crying too. 

“Mom, can we cry later? I don’t want to get my make-up ruined.” Minji pouted that made Minji’s mom laugh. They all laughed until Minji’s mom calmed down. Soon enough, Bora, Siyeon, Yubin, and Handong came. They all gasped at the sight of Minji. The ever emotional best friend that she is, Bora fanned her eyes since tears were attempting to fall. 

“Oh my god, Minji….. You look so amazing!” Bora hugged Minji and the actress returned it. 

“Thank you, Bora. You too, Siyeon, Yubin, and Handong. Thank you for everything.” After countless hugs and touching words, the 4 friends will go to visit Yoohyeon. Minji and Yoohyeon haven’t seen each other in their dresses yet. Yes, they were both present when they chose it. Hell, Yoohyeon’s jaw dropped when the curtain opened to reveal Minji in her dress, and endlessly took pictures of her. But this was different. It was the day that marks the start of their married life together. 

No matter how much Minji thinks about it, her heart flutters at the idea of waking up next to Yoohyeon everyday, calling her “wife”, and God to even think about starting a family with Yoohyeon, a child that has both of their features, with their lovable dogs. Minji’s heart thumps because she knows that Yoohyeon will be a good wife and maybe someday, a good mother. 

Yoohyeon, on the other hand, was visited by her dad first. She told her dad about proposing to Minji and her ever supportive dad, agreed since he knows that Minji will take good care of Yoohyeon and Yoohyeon will do the same. 

“You look beautiful, Yoohyeon. I’m sorry for missing out on the early chapters of your life.” Yoohyeon hugged her dad and whispered,

“It’s okay, dad. As long as you’re here for the other half of my life, it’s okay.” Yoohyeon kept her head up because tears were pricking from her eyes. Her dad hugged her tight, feeling sorry more than ever. Yoohyeon pulled out and wiped the tears of her dad while giggling. 

“Thank you for accepting me back in your life again, Yoohyeon.” The doctor smiled and her dad gave a kiss on the crown of her head. Gahyeon came in next and automatically teared up the moment she saw Yoohyeon. 

“Unnie……” Gahyeon’s voice was shaking as she was approaching Yoohyeon. She was wearing a long sleeve see-through dress that had flowery patterns on it. Her hair was tied up which showed her long neck and beautiful collarbones. She sat down beside Yoohyeon and hugged her.

“I’m so so proud of you, unnie. Live a happy life with Minji unnie, okay? If you ever need an ear to listen to you, a shoulder to cry on, I’m here. Nothing will change between us even if you get married.” A tear escaped Yoohyeon’s eyes. Gahyeon was the only one who kept her together when she hadn't met Minji yet. Gahyeon padded the tears from Yoohyeon’s cheeks.