Chapter 9: Unknown emotions

Bora and Siyeon have been inseparable. Like really. Before the band was formed, they were already friends, childhood friends to be exact. They went to the same nursery, middle school, and even high school. They just got separated when Bora was offered a dance scholarship in another college. 

Siyeon has always had an attraction for Bora. Ever since they were young, she always caught herself admiring the other girl. Because of their friendship, her countless times of trying to confess just failed. She had seen Bora date men and women and there are more in line, trying to get the attention of the dancer. Bora would always confide in Siyeon when she’s heartbroken or just feeling sad. Siyeon always looked at that as an advantage. She knows Bora’s vulnerability that others couldn’t see. She tried to end her hopeless crush but no one could replace Bora. So, she decided her fate, to just stay by Bora’s side, even as friends.

Bora, on the other hand, only realized her feelings for Siyeon during college. When she left her old college to join the college that offered her scholarship, she realized that she’ll leave Siyeon. At first, she just thought that maybe it’s because they were together basically their whole lives so she can’t imagine her life without Siyeon. Or, she got used to the presence of the other girl, that’s why she was feeling something. She tried to forget about Siyeon, dated countless men and women, had numerous one night stands, but nothing. She finally accepted that she does have feelings for Siyeon. She visited Siyeon every weekend, even if their colleges were far, even if Bora had to skip her lunch just to earn the money to pay for the bus. It was always worth it for her. She can see Siyeon welcome her with open arms and a huge smile on her face. But why can’t just Bora confess? She thought that Siyeon always thought of her as a “friend.” Why? Because this dumbass Siyeon always says, “You’re the best friend I could ever have.” or “I’m glad we’re friends.” Another dumbass called Bora, assumed that all of these were hints that the younger girl just wanted to be friends. 

They were scouted by a company to be a band. Bora wanted to dance but she chose to be a part of the band, mainly because Siyeon was there. Yes, Yubin also gave a contribution of pleading to stay but Siyeon was her main reason. At least, she’s not in some office, sitting down and working 8 hours a day. Pfft, boring. 

Siyeon was getting confused with the dancer. Bora would always cuddle her, sit down on her lap, give her pecks on the cheek like it’s nothing. Bora does the same for Yubin but just remove the sitting on the lap and pecks on the cheek (Yubin would like her personal bubble, thank you.) Sometimes, the dancer would cook her favorite dishes. One time, Bora baked Siyeon some wolf-shaped cookies. And Siyeon loves wolves. They would even go to places where couples are supposed to go. Siyeon was always thrilled at that idea but she would remember that they were not a couple. Thankfully, Bora would notice the sour mood of the younger so she’ll try to cheer her up. 

Eclipse is the name of their band. Siyeon would compose songs as well, aside from Yubin. She wrote their song “Can’t get you out of my mind” which made them famous. Because of that song, their careers took off despite being rookies. They attended a lot of interviews and radio shows. Thankfully, there were not a lot of questions since they mostly read fan comments and interact with fans during radio shows. An interviewer, however, caught her off guard when she was asked this,

“Siyeon, you wrote the hit song Can’t get you out my mind, right?” Siyeon just nodded in agreement.

“Do you have an inspiration for the song? A special someone?” Siyeon gulped nervously. Bora was obviously the inspiration behind the song. Siyeon wanted Bora to know but she’s a coward. And please, she’s on national tv right now. She doesn’t want to ruin the reputation of the band. So she just said,

“Uhhh….. There is someone.” Both Yubin and Bora were also shocked about her answer, especially Bora. Siyeon didn’t mind and just continued.