Chapter 3: meeting with danger

You know, Yoohyeon is actually known in the hospital as someone who lives under a rock. Meaning, she doesn't know much about life outside the hospital. Her only focus is her job and the patients. She doesn't have social media because it's apparently only "a waste of time." Her phone is only for calling, texting, and watching those dog Youtube videos. She rarely watches movies and dramas as her time is mostly spent on the hospital and her patients. If she counts how many hours she spent inside the surgery room and her own home, the surgery room might have longer hours. Yes, she's that doctor that practically lives in the hospital. Mainly because her heart and mind doesn't seem to ease until she sees her patients discharge. Gahyeon often compares her to a grandma, saying that even grandmas these days are more updated in the latest news than Yoohyeon. She just often shrugs it off but sometimes, she even agrees with Gahyeon.

Meeting at one of the rooms of the residents, she told Gahyeon about her encounter in the club weeks ago. Of course, the younger girl bombarded her with questions,

"Did you get her name? What was she like? Is she pretty? And why did you only tell me now?!" Gahyeon asked these questions the moment Yoohyeon finished talking.

"No, I didn't get her name. And she's a literal angel that fell from the heavens. Meaning, she's very pretty Gahyeon. And God, she's so cute while drunk too." Yoohyeon snickered while the memory played in her mind.

"And also I couldn't tell you because I was busy for the past weeks. Also, you were preparing for your thesis so I couldn't bother you."

"UNNIE! If it's about your lovelife, you can always bother me! Also, you told her your name but she didn't tell yours! Why didn't you ask?!?!" Gahyeon grabbed Yoohyeon by the collar and shook her back and forth as the younger was so frustrated with her.

"I'm gay Gahyeon! You know how my mind literally goes blank when I see pretty girls. Plus, the hospital called before I could ask for her name." Yoohyeon sighed and Gahyeon finally let go of the doctor's collar.

"Fineee. But tell me if you see her again. Ever since I was here, I never saw you with someone. Let alone going on dates." Gahyeon said as she fiddled with her uniform.

"It's just.... I can't seem to shake my mind off the patients." Yoohyeon sighed before continuing,

"But I do admit that.... I do get lonely at times. Especially when I go home. The idea of someone waiting for you, sleeping next to someone and waking up with the same person you love. I've been alone for almost half of my life and I just- I just.... I want that Gah." Gahyeon almost teared up at the confession of the doctor. They never touched topics like this so seeing this side of Yoohyeon, saddened Gahyeon. Trying to cheer up the doctor,

"But who knows! Maybe you'll meet that person again unnie! Well even if it's not her, I'm sure you're gonna meet someone. For now, I'll keep you company until you find your 'soulmate'." Gahyeon said teasingly to the doctor to lift the mood up. Gahyeon really knew how to make Yoohyeon feel better. She doesn't know what she'll do if she hasn't met the younger. She's glad that she has someone like Gahyeon.

While enjoying the presence of each other with hot coffees, a sudden announcement shocked both.

"Paging Dr. Kim of General Surgery. Paging Dr. Kim of General Surgery." That's the ER. Yoohyeon and Gahyeon then ran towards the ER. Hurriedly, they entered the ER. The resident that paged Yoohyeon approached her and told her the location of the patient.