Chapter 11: Headlines

It’s been 2 months since Yoohyeon and Minji made it official. Every week, Yoohyeon would visit Minji in her home. The actress has been very busy lately because she’s trying to catch up on filming. Yoohyeon couldn’t visit Minji while filming yet. She was always called and she was busy taking care of the actress. On some days, Yoohyeon would cook (try to actually) food for Minji, prepare her a warm bath, and cuddle with her until she sleeps. She would then leave to go to the hospital once Minji is asleep. Today, Minji visited Yoohyeon in her house instead. She surprised Yoohyeon, waiting in front of the door. She knew what time Yoohyeon would go home. Yoohyeon gave Minji a big hug and a long kiss. They went inside. It was warm and cozy and it smelled like Yoohyeon so Minji liked it already. They sat on Yoohyeon’s couch and watched a kdrama that was about a married couple where the husband cheats on the wife. Soon enough, the kdrama is just playing in the background since Minji and Yoohyeon are engaged in a conversation.

“So, when are you going to visit me on the filming set, Yooh?” Minji said as she swung her feet off from the floor to Yoohyeon’s lap. The younger girl placed her hand on Minji’s legs and smiled.

“I think I can go next week. The general surgery will have new doctors next week. The senior residents are finally graduating. There are around 4 more new doctors so I’ll have more free time. Also, I’m studying to become a professor.” Minji was happy for the doctor. 

“What will be the difference though?”

“I won’t be much of an on-call doctor. I’ll have scheduled patients and appointments with them on certain days. And, most of my surgeries are scheduled now. Of course, when no one is available, I still have to step in in the ER. I can go home at night now! Unless a patient that I operated on has an emergency, of course. ” 

“So, you’ll have a fixed schedule then?” Yoohyeon just hummed and took a bite from the ice cream that she was eating. 

“Are you staying for the night?” Yoohyeon asked Minji.

“Do you want me to?” The doctor nodded aggressively. Minji laughed at the display and nodded.

“Alright, I’ll stay. I have to go early in the morning though.” 

“Let me drive you back to your house tomorrow then. I’ll go to work after that.” Minji smiled and nodded. Doing the simplest things in life made both of them happy. They didn’t need to go to places and go on dates outside. Just being in each other’s arms made both of them feel complete. Adjusting their routines to fit with each other, just driving around, eating late night snacks, are the favorite things that they do. Standing up, Minji reached out her hand

“Come on, puppy. Let’s brush our teeth.” Yoohyeon perked up at the nickname. She sprang up and back hugged Minji instead. Yoohyeon placed her head on Minji’s shoulders and shouted ‘let’s go now!’ while still holding the actress. They reached the bathroom and Minji tapped on Yoohyeon’s hands.

“Okay, Yooh. Can you let go now? We need to brush our teeth.” Yoohyeon just pouted and let go of the older girl. Still pouting, Minji handed over Yoohyeon’s toothbrush and the doctor received it weakly. Minji looked at Yoohyeon and chuckled at the display. She raised the hand of Yoohyeon, who was holding the toothbrush. She applied some toothpaste on it and directed it to the younger’s mouth while saying ‘aaaaa.’ Yoohyeon opened her mouth slightly and Minji inserted the toothbrush lightly. Yoohyeon bit down on the toothbrush, still not moving. Minji looked at the younger and crossed her arms. Yoohyeon bent forward and pointed to her toothbrush. 

“No.” Yoohyeon whined more. She brought out Minji’s weakness, her puppy eyes. Pulling out the puppiest of puppy eyes, Minji just sighed, giving up, and brushed Yoohyeon’s teeth. The doctor grinned and did the same for Minji. They both cleaned up and washed their faces. Well correction, Minji HAD to wash Yoohyeon’s face for her. She doesn’t know what’s up with Yoohyeon tonight but she’s acting babier than usual. Minji wiped Yoohyeon’s face, smiling brightly.