Chapter 9

Taehyung POV

I was sitting on the couch thinking deeply about something. Was he seriously talking about that place which was supposed to be Kook's mansion of dreams but now y/n's house?

I snapped out when the door was knocked, I turned and found Jimin. I rushed to him and bombarded him with questions.

"Was it the same place which once Jungkook built? If yes, then how someone could sell it? And how did y/n started living--"

"Oh please, breath for a second at least!!"
Jimin interrupted.

"And yes, it's the same mansion which Jungkook built for almost 3 years!! I don't know why would they sell it!! I am so mad!!"
Jimin enraged.

"We should complain the punk who even dared to do that!!"

"No we can't!!"

"But why Jimin?"

Jimin hissed.
"Because, now y/n is living there. She might face problems regarding a shelter and I don't want her to either know anything or nor to worry about anything, in which she isn't involved!!"
(If only he knew...)

"Yeah, that's right?"
I whispered.

"Now what we are supposed to do??"

"I told you that today we need to visit Busan! It's his birthday and we should visit him right?"
I spoke with teary eyes. Jimin looked at me as his tears threatened to fall.

"Y-yeah, how can I forget?"
He smacked himself. I chuckled sadly.

"So let's go?"
He nodded as we both settled us in the car droving off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n POV

"Yah Where were you Koo?"
I asked as I saw him coming in through the door.

He blushed slightly and responded.
"Nothing just walking!"

I nodded and asked.
"Are you probably hungry??"

Jungkook shook his looking down sadly.

'Why does he have such mood swings? Sometimes happy but sometimes deep grief.' I thought to myself.

"See, I know we aren't really close and also we aren't related with each other any way but please you can share with me if anything is bothering you!"
I spoke worriedly, he looked up and my heart clenched when I found his tears glistening.

Yet he managed to smile and shook his head.

"Koo... Please you know when you're sad, I don't feel good, so please talk to me"
I asked with concern.

"A-actually, I... It's.... Just I'm thinking that d-do you like Taehyung?"
He quickly looked embarassed when I furrowed my eyebrows gazing him in intense confusion.

I suddenly let out a laugh.
"I don't know why you asked that but to be honest I don't like him but he's a good friend I guess but there's nothing!!"

His eyes lit up.
"Are you saying the truth?!"
He asked excitedly with his bunny smile.

I smiled softly and nodded. He instantly let out a sigh of relief.

"Well why did you ask for that?"
I raised my eyebrow. He coughed awkwardly.

"Just... Curiosity?"

I rolled my eyes and mumbled 'whatever'

"Y/n..?"

"Hm?" I replied shortly glancing at him still standing there.

"D-do you remember what's today?"
He asked in his tiny voice. I thought for a while and shook my head in denial.

He frowned.
"I-its my birthday today..."

I smiled widely.
"Happy Birthday!! But how am I supposed to know that if we met for the first time??"

"It's not the first time we met!!"
He yelled suddenly, I flinched.

Realisation hit him, as he quickly mumbled a sorry and went upstairs.

I still had an astonished expression on my face.

It was really new and unexpected why he has to be so overwhelmed. But I don't know him or do I?

I felt sad with some unknown reason.

_________________________________

Jungkook POV

It hurts a lot... Why can't she remember me? Why it's so hard and painful? I really want to give up but why can't I?

Even tho, I am just a soul but still I feel this unbearable pain.

Time Skip

I was sitting on the bed when I heard Y/n calling out my name.

"KOO CAN YOU COME DOWN PLEASE!!"

I decided to ignore.

"PLEASE COME DOWN!! I AM SORRY THAT I FORGOT YOUR BIRTHDAY!! BUT NEXT TIME IT WON'T HAPPEN I PROMISE!!"

My heart fluttered as my cheeks heated up. She is saying sorry even when it was never her fault. I felt my heart embracing warmth, the warmth of her unnoticeable love and care.

I smiled and made my way downstairs, I found sitting on the chair near the kitchen counter panting heavily.

I was confused as I made my way a little closer when I found as beautiful bouquet of flower and the dining table decorated with many different dishes.

I frowned. She looked at me and instantly smiled showing her crescent eyes.

"I am sorry but still Happy Birthday Koo Koo~"

I frowned deeper, with the thought that I could never touch the bouquet, never taste her food, never embrace her expressing my love and thank you's to her.

She was sweaty and tired because to cheer up and celebrate the birthday of a soul? I felt pathetic, my eyes sparkled with tears.

"Why you have to do that?!"
It came out a bit more harsh. She flinched slightly at my tone.

"I-I am so sorry.... I thought t-that it w-would make y-you--"

"Make me feel better right?! Did I tell you that?!"
I yelled, her smile finally replaced with a frown.

"I-I just tried... I-I am sorry if y-you didn't l-like it--"

"Shut up!!"
I yelled and instantly cursed myself when I saw her hanging her head low with teary eyes.

"S-sorry..."
She whispered and rushed to her room.

I attempted to call for her but she quickly closed the door.

I collapsed on the floor feeling wave of guilt, I silently cried out with unleashed tears.

Tbc