Chapter 20

"Let's go home!"
She spoke coldly.

She said standing up, her face was blank yet it held many emotions. The thing creeped out the hell out of Jungkook.

He knew her more than her own self. It wasn't the first time she ever felt such crisis, she faced many times but then there was Jungkook who used to console her and help her physically.

But now it was totally different, she had no one by her side even though Jungkook was being with her, she just felt nothing.

Jungkook was too helpless, he just can't see her falling back into darkness again; not atleast knowing the fact that he was watching her being devastated.

"Y-y/n... It's a-alright.. really... It's natural y/n"
He spoke in a shaky voice.

She looked up at him and smiled weakly, bet Jungkook felt his heart clench. He was panicking, as y/n started making steps towards the house.

I followed her quickly, talking to her, but she didn't respond nor cried, she was silent and blank all the time.

Sooner or later, but for Jungkook's dismay they reached.

It was a bit dark by now, she opened the door and removed her shoes silently, Jungkook just watched her every step, he blamed himself for not being able to help her, console her.

Jungkook POV

I could see her blank but I knew she lost hope, she lost those sparkles. I hated Taehyung for this, how could he do that?!

She entered and closed the door after letting me in. I sighed sadly.

"Y/n--" (I started but I stopped as she went directly upstairs ignoring me)

I followed her quickly, scared.

She sat on the bed staring blankly at the floor.
I sat beside her silently.

After a few moments of silence, I spoke.

"Y/n..? It's alright really! You'll be okay... Y-you're talented you'll get job at other companies easily--"

"You think it's that easy?!"
She suddenly burst off, looking at me with her teary eyes. I bit my lip.

"You're talented y/n--"

"No I'm not! If I would have been then I would've never been a replacement as a secretary there!! I got appointed because of the sudden death of the secretary! Or else I w-would have n-never got in!"
She replied in broken voice. My eyes stung in tears. She started crying and sobbing looking down.

"Don't think like that y-y/n.."

"Y-you know for a year I was jobless! And then on for 2 years I kept wandering in search of a good job b-but they a-all just k-kicked me out... S-saying I am n-not eligible.."
She sobbed again.

I felt a lump in my throat. 'Its all because of me, why did I left her?' I thought to myself sadly feeling the worst pain to see my y/n suffering and crying.

"Y/n--"

"No Koo.... I lost hope now, I lost everything. I'm alone, no one beside me on whom I can rely on... I g-guess... I-its b-better if I j-just end it all...."
She breathed in and looked down.

I was scared.
"W-what do you mean, Y/n...?"

"I have n-nothing left... F-for whom should I-I live f-for, h-hm? I should j-just--"

"Don't you dare finish the sentence!!"
I growled with my shaky voice.

"How could you even think that Y/n?! Are you that weak and coward? Huh?!"