Chapter 22

The night felt long and never-ending. The sound of wind howling kept wandering through the forests.

Even though, it was peaceful, Jungkook didn't found himself at peace. The thoughts of many things worried him. First, that he almost lost y/n... Second, he loved her to the core but how could he protect her everytime when everyone left her side and Third, how would she survive without him.

He glanced at y/n, her peaceful sleeping figure. He wanted to cry out and scream out, but he dig it all inside for the sake of her. He knew they weren't meant to be, but can she accept that?

He regretted meeting her again after death. Wasn't she happy without him? He regretted creating a place again in her heart.

For a moment he thought to just leave everything and let her live peacefully but her state scared him. He can't leave her... At least not now.

He sighed and stayed there by her side...

<------°×°------>

Jungkook POV

I was sitting by the door side, to look up at the nature, in order to make me help to drain out my sadness.

I sighed but got worried when I heard wails from inside. I quickly got up and rushed inside to see y/n crying sitting on the floor of living room.

"Y/n...?"
I called out worriedly.

She looked up at me and let out shaky breaths smiling weakly.

"I-I thought y-you left m-me alone... t-too"
She stuttered out snorting and comforting herself.

I frowned deeply and approached her.
"Don't y-you trust me, love?"

I tried my best to not to stutter in any way. She wiped her tears from her peachy cheeks , and shook her head looking up at me with her glossy eyes.

"You don't trust me?!"
I gasped dramatically.

She shook her head in denial vigorously.
"I trust you!!"
She quickly squeaked out worriedly.

I smiled warmly.
"I know cupcake.."

She blushed, and to be honest even though she cried but her blush made it a heart melting scenario for me.

"You're s-so cheesy.."
She mumbled.

"I was the one from beginning baby~"
I smirked.

"Yah! Stop!!"
She whined covering her red face. I laughed a bit.

"I won't until go up and freshen yourself baby~"

"Yah!! Jeon Jungkook!!"
She yelled and before I could respond she ran upstairs.

I giggled at least I could make her feel loved. To let her remember that she was loved by someone very much...

❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️

"You should eat something healthy, Y/n?!"
I grumbled when found her making batter for pancakes.