Chapter 5:

You whined and ran a hand down your cheeks. It was way past dark, and the only light source came from your small desk lamp, who's bulb had threatened to go out ever since you turned it on. You flicked the bulb with your middle finger and thumb. It shone a little brighter.

"Cheap thing." You frowned.

I bet Frankie has a really nice lamp. I bet it's pretty and isn't going to explode on her.

You smacked your lips and turned in your old creaking chair to examine your bed.

I bet Draculaura has a nice, new desk chair.

Your eyes caught your window. The glass was yellow stained and cracked on a corner.

I bet Clawdeen has a sturdy window.

You turned back to the homework that was laid out on your desk. Yours had been done hours ago, however Cleo's would take more time to complete.

Cleo.

You cringed.

I can't believe I actually thought she was my friend. I can't believe she would threaten me like that...using Manny against me...who does she think she is?!

A sigh escaped your lips as your pencil broke in half.

FUCK! I bet CLEO has new pencils!! I bet she has a new lamp and a new chair and a new window and a new desk and bed and clothes and iCoffin and a whole new fucking house!!

"Fuck me!" You cried out, watching as the bulb got dimmer and dimmer.

It's fine, I have a bedroom light..

You stood up and walked to your doorway where your light switch was. The cold sent shivers up your feet and into your legs as the bare skin pricked from the air.

No heating...mom must've not paid the bills...

You flipped the switch on and waited. Nothing. You flipped it off again. Nothing. On. Nothing. Off. Nothing.

On. Off. On. Off. On. Off. On. Off. On off on off on off on off on off on off on off on off on off on off on off.

You growled out and held in a scream. No lights either?!

Must've gotten a small check this week...

You walked back over to the desk, your lamp long gone. Maybe a cellphone light?

You grabbed your device and turned on the flashlight. The small, barely visible light was able to light up one word at a time. It would have to work. You still had a whole page and a half.

***

You stretched your arms back and groaned. The homework was finally done! All that was left was to plug up your phone and go to be-

*Beep Beep*

Your phone screen slowly faded to black, a large red 0% flashing on your screen.

You felt around on the floor for the charger, cursing your lack of lighting the entire time. Your fingers wrapped around the cord. Finally!

"Bed, bed, bed, bed." You repeated, and you scurried around the floor trying to find your doorway. Not even the moon helped light your path.

The door eventually shut after kicking it with your ankle by accident. Then, you slid into your bed and tightened the blankets around you.

I bet Cleo has heating. I bet Frankie doesn't have itchy blankets. I bet Ghoulia has thicker clothes.