Chapter 13:

The night ended with an older, sagging woman taking Jax's shift. You smiled at her warmly before following after Jax. For someone that had stayed up all night, you didn't feel tired. Instead, you felt energized and ready to run a marathon. It was a weird feeling, and you had never felt so much energy from so little rest.

Jax noticed your hyperness, and he chuckled at your light bounces with your steps. He sat his large, calloused hand on your head and pushed you down, making your feet settle restlessly on the ground.

You looked up at him like a deer in headlights.

"Calm down, kid." He laughed. "There ain't nothin' fun about night shift."

"It can be fun if you make it." You defended. You crossed your arms over your chest.

"Yeah, yeah."

Jax walked ahead of you, leaving you to scurry to catch up. You didn't, and you decided to walk behind him. There was a lot of distance between you two; he was just barely in your vision.

A small giggle caught your ear, and you turned your head to see who it was.

Cleo stared at you while she stifled a grin. Ghoulia stood beside her, almost oblivious to Cleo.

Ghoulia waved at you, and a wide smile slowly crossed her face. You smiled back at her and waved.

Cleo noticed and sent Ghoulia a glare. Ghoulia didn't care, and instead slowly walked up to you.

You, who had completely forgotten to follow Jax, began your walk to Ghoulia. Cleo stared daggers into you, but you ignored her. You didn't want to start an issue, and you definitely didn't want Manny to find you.

The little bit of fear you had in your gut turned to full-on terror the moment Cleo walked up and joined Ghoulia.

"I didn't see you in class." Cleo grinned. "Where were you? And where's my work?"

Ghoulia frowned. "Ugh, uhh."

You nodded. "I've been good, thanks for asking." You directed that message to Ghoulia. "And I decided to drop out. I'm actually job hunting now."

Cleo's smile faultered. "No you didn't."

"Mhm." You stated proudly. "I'm not going to school anymore."

"B-But-"

"I'm 18. I don't have to go."

Ghoulia smiled widely. "Uh!"

"Thank you!" You giggled at Ghoulia's support.

Your eyes scanned around you, looking for any excuse to leave without giving Ghoulia any hints that you and Cleo did not get along.

Jax came into your view, and he sat his large hand on your shoulder. You smiled widely.

"Ghoulia! Meet my friend, Jax."

Jax left a tough look on his face as he shook Ghoulia's hand. His eyes lingered on Cleo, and the longer he stared the more aggressive he seemed. You patted his chest.

"We should get goin'." He mumbled, and he took you by the hand.

You smiled at Ghoulia and waved goodbye as you walked off with Jax.

Cleo felt her stomach rip to shreds. How was she supposed to keep you to herself if you wouldn't be at school?

She frantically ran a hand through her hair and pulled on it. What was she going to do??

What could she do?! She had pushed you into leaving!!!

Oh god, what was she gonna do now?!!?

She ran after you, waving her hands in the air. You stared at her with wide eyes.

"You!!! You can't leave!!!" She screamed in your face. "I'll call the fucking cops!!! I'll have Jax arrested for child grooming!!"

"I'm 18.." you whispered.

Cleo looked crazy and out of breath, and even more worrying, she looked desperate.

What the fuck was wrong with her? You had never seen her so emotional before! Her reaction scared you, and you backed into Jax. He wrapped his arms around you protectively.

"I'll fucking kill you!" She yelled, and she screamed incoherently before slapping herself.

You watched as a red mark slowly turned into a black mark. Her face was bruised from the force, and she stomped her feet and screamed again.

You and Jax backed away, leaving her to have her meltdown infront of random people.

Cleo felt as if she couldn't breath. Her lungs were trapped in a small birdcage, not allowing them to expand properly.

What the fuck do I do what the fuck do I do

what the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I dowhat the fuck do I do

Cleo inhaled.

Cleo exhaled.

Kill him.