Chapter 3:

"Bye!" You yelled.

Your mom peeked her head out from the kitchen door and nodded.

"Bye, hun. Don't be late for school." She hummed.

You nodded and slammed the house door shut before running to the meeting spot again.

You tapped your foot and looked around skeptically. You were almost positive that Manny would have been out. After his speech yesterday morning, you had been watching your back extra well. You didn't want a repeat of what had happened in the closet.

A few ghouls and mansters passed you on their walk to school, and you threw your gaze onto a bright yellow pebble.

If you don't look, then no one can report you to Manny. If Manny doesn't get a report of you, then he won't know. If he won't know, then it would be a full day of no bullying.

You huffed. It was unfair that almost everyone in the school would report you to Manny if you were caught doing something that they didn't like. Even if they didn't like Manny, they didn't like you even more.

The familiar gossiping filled your ears, and you looked up to see Clawdeen, Clawd, and Draculaura walking to you. Draculaura's face lit up when she saw you, and she raced over to scoop you into an embrace.

You smiled and held onto her in return, enjoying the feeling of being wanted. As if today was a repeat of yesterday, the girls filed into the small meeting space a few at a time. Finally came Cleo and Ghoulia, and Ghoulia gave you another weird smile before walking ahead of Cleo to you.

Cleo cleared her throat and threw her books over to you. You caught them and internally groaned. You should have known.

"Let's go ghouls." Cleo snapped, and she led the group once again, with you and Ghoulia following behind her with her books.

"Ughhh."

"Yeah, I know Ghoulia." You replied. "But at least we have each other's help!"

She nodded slowly, taking her time to express how she felt. You smiled and looked dead ahead again.

"Ghoulia." Cleo called. "I'm skipping Mr. Howler's class again today."

Ghoulia shrugged. "Ughhhh."

You froze. Mr. Howler? He only had 2 classes throughout the day...

"What time is your class?" You asked.

"After lunch." Cleo huffed.

"I have him after lunch too!"

Cleo smirked and turned to face you. "Good! Get the homework for me."

You lowered your head. "Oh, okay."

She walked up to you and motioned for the other ghouls to go ahead. They did, a few of them left you a few words of encouragement as they walked along.

"You know, Ghoulia's had a lot of stress with doing my homework and all.." she began. She stepped closer to you, causing you to mimick her steps and step back to keep the distance. She tried to step closer again, this time turning. You backed up a little more. Eventually you had your back to a concrete wall, and Cleo stood in front of you threateningly. "You should do it."

"Huh?" You breathed out.

"Yes! Actually, no, you will do it. If not then I'm sure Manny would love to know about his pets misbehavior." She grinned.

You fumbled over your words for a second, the panic slowly setting in. "Y-You don't have to do that!" You reassured, plastering a fake smile onto your lips. "I'll do it!"

She glared and smirked again. "Good, I'm glad we could come to an agreement."

She turned around and walked off, speed walking to join the group again. The group had gotten so far ahead that you didn't even bother to catch up, and instead you chose to just walk by yourself.

"Ughh."

You turned your head to see Ghoulia peeking out from behind a nearby alleyway.

"Ghoulia!" You gasped, a smile already bleeding from your face to hers.

She walked up and hugged you slightly. You hugged her back, completely ignoring the people that had to walk around you.

"Ughhhh uhh."

"I don't know if we should skip." You chuckled. "I have to-"

"Ugh."

"Okay, well if we slip back in during lunch then no one would notice, right?"

"Ugh."

💛💛💛💛💛💛Cleo's P.O.V💛💛💛💛💛💛

I caught up to the ghouls and squeezed my way through them to get to the front. By the time I reached them, we were already almost at school.

"Where's (Y/N)?" Clawdeen asked, crossing her arms.

"She had to go back home for something." I replied, not even sparing her a glance.

"Uh-huh. So where's Ghoulia?"

"Oh." I turned around.

Ghoulia was nowhere to be seen. My blood boiled, and vomit scratched at my throat. She had left me for the normie?!

"Maybe Ghoulia and (Y/N) just clicked?" Draculaura assured.

"Yeah." I mumbled. "Maybe."

We walked through the courtyard and to my locker. Frankie and Lagoona had my books this time, and they handed them to me before running off to their own lockers. I huffed.

"Hey babe." Deuce hummed. I hugged him, trying not to sob into his chest.

My best friend had left me for someone she barely even knew.

He wrapped his arms around me. "Where's Gh-"

"Deuce she left me for a normie!!" I wailed. He hugged me tightly, his body tense and his head darting around.

"I-It's okay!" He said, and he pulled me off of him to look at my face. "I doubt she left you! Maybe the normie just needed some help."

"No Deuce! She and the normie are skipping! TOGETHER!!!"

"Cleo." He wiped my running mascara from my cheeks. "Ghoulia is your best friend. How about we skip together?"

"Yes!" I turned and began wiping my own makeup from my face, my tears being long gone. "And we can go out to eat! And go shopping! And-"

"Slow down." Deuce chuckled.

I smiled brightly at him. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me and rested his head on my shoulder as we looked in the mirror.

(Y/N) would do that too.

What?

The image of (Y/N) taking Deuce's place startled me, and I wanted to throw up at the realization that it didn't gross me out.

"You ready?" Deuce grabbed a compact mirror from my locker.

"Yeah." I hummed.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, and we walked out of the school together.