XII

"I'm going to have to go all-in on this one, boys." Belle pushed her coins to the center of the table. "Anyone else?"

"I fold. I'm not taking that risk again." 

"Me too."

Jones and Dugan both tossed their cards down onto the table.

Belle looked over at Bucky, who sat across the table from her. "You giving up too?"

"You wish." He pushed his coins to the center of the table. 

Belle dropped her cards onto the table. "Straight flush. Six, seven, eight, nine, and ten of clubs. Beat that." 

"Already have." Bucky set his cards down, a smug grin on his face. "Ten, jack, king, queen, and ace of hearts. Better luck next time, doll." He pulled the pile of coins to him. "It's a game of skill. Nice try, though."

Belle looked at him in shocked. "How?" She sputtered.

"Skill. Maybe you need more practice." He shrugged.

"Maybe I need a better teacher." She sassed.

He raised an eyebrow. "Really? You're really going to play that card, Belle?"

"Yep." She finished the last of her drink and stood up. "It's been a pleasure playing with you boys, but it's late, and I need to get up early so I can do my job."

"You're going to bed?"

"Of course I am. You're more than welcome to join me." Belle smoothed out her skirt. "Or you can stay and play cards with these two."

Bucky stood up. "I'm coming with."

"To sleep." She reminded.

"Yeah. Sleep." He echoed, a frown settling on his face. 

"We'll have to play again soon, boys." Belle smiled. "But until then, goodnight." 

She walked off, then heard a set of footsteps following her. A hand intertwined with hers and a kiss was pressed to her cheek. 

"Do I get something for winning?" 

"Nope. No bets were placed beforehand, so you get nothing. Only those coins." 

He frowned. "But-"

"No. I know what you're thinking, so absolutely not. I need to sleep, and you can't keep me up until ungodly hours of the night."

"I could put you to sleep." He tried reasoning.

"Maybe another night."

He pouted. "Okay."

Belle pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Come on, soldier. Come lay with me. I could use a nice rest. I know you're tired too." She reached up and rubbed his shoulders. 

He nodded. She gave him a soft smile and nuzzled her nose with his. He chuckled and followed her inside their tent. She reached to unbutton her shirt, but jumped when she felt his hands on her hips. 

"James." She warned.

He pulled her into him and buried his nose in her hair. She leaned back on him, tipping her head back on his chest, looking up at him.

He smiled, then leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips. She tensed up, arching her back, letting a groan fall from her mouth.

"James." She mumbled.

"Sleep, I know." He muttered. "I just wanted a goodnight kiss, honest. You're just too hard to resist. You're beautiful, and I want you."

"I'm already yours." She sighed breathlessly. "I have been for a while now."