VI

"Something's entered the atmosphere." Okoye alerted them.

Belle stood outside, looking up at the sky. Something was falling towards them. Sam and Bucky watched, too.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam's voice came over the comm in her ear.

Belle watched as the falling object hit the barrier and then fizzled away to nothing.

"God, I love this place." Bucky spoke up.

"You and me both." Belle chuckled.

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome." Sam reminded.

Belle laughed lightly. "Of course there's more, there's always more."

She went with the others to group up down in the field. Belle stood beside Bucky as Natasha, T'challa, and Steve walked down to the edge of the barrier. Belle stood next to her husband, keeping her emotions hidden under a calm face.

"How does it feel having two arms again?"

Bucky shot her a sideways glance. "Why do you ask?"

She shrugged. "You always looked like you needed a hand, but now you've finally got one." She snickered.

He rolled his eyes. "You're lucky marriage is forever."

She stuck her tongue out. "You'd never leave me, even if you wanted to. Marriage is forever; until death do us part. Always and forever, remember?"

"Forever and always." He agreed.

Steve, T'challa, and Natasha walked back over and rejoined the line.

"Did they surrender?" Bucky asked.

"Not exactly." Steve answered.

T'challa led the Wakandans in their war cry, and Belle watched as those creatures came running toward the barrier. In their struggle to get through, some of them lost their limbs or heads. 

"What the hell?" Bucky asked.

"Looks like we pissed her off." Natasha spoke up.

Belle scoffed. "You all have a suicide wish."

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us...There's nothing between them and Vision." Sam spoke through the comm.

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us." Steve said grimly.

"How do we do that?" Okoye asked.

"We open the barrier." T'challa spoke up.

Belle blinked. What?

"On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen." T'challa spoke into the comm.

"Requesting confirmation, My King. You said open the barrier?"

"On my signal." T'challa confirmed.

"This will be the end of Wakanda."

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history." Okoye said softly.

Bucky reached over and touched Belle's arm. "Don't leave my sight and I won't leave yours."

"Deal." She breathed. "I love you."

"I love you more." He grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it. "Forever and always?"

"Always and forever."

He gave her hand one firm squeeze, and let go. 

"Wakanda forever!"

The army took off toward the barrier, with T'challa and Steve leading. The barrier opened, and Belle took off in a sprint, her strides almost even with her husband's.