I

Her face was damp. Why was it damp?

She tried reaching up to wipe her face, but her arms were attached to where she was sitting. She frowned, frustrated. What was going on?

She stopped struggling when she heard someone approach her. She looked up, curious. The man in front of her said nothing. He only released her arms and pulled her to her feet. He pulled her through the hallways, not once saying a word to her.

 She was so confused.

The man holding her arm approached someone else and said something to him. She didn't understand what he was saying. It sounded like gibberish. 

The woman was pulled away again. She tried looking around, desperately trying to keep up with her surroundings, but it was pointless. 

The man sat her in a chair. She took the time to look around. The room was dimly lit and wasn't in the best of shape. But who was she to judge the room when she couldn't even judge herself?

She sat patiently in the chair. People wandered around her and seemed to analyze her. She frowned, pressing her lips together in a firm line.

What was going on?

She didn't protest or fight when the men began to do a physical evaluation of her. She let them poke and prod her and take samples of her blood, all without arguing. 

She sat there obediently. No one bothered to speak to her, so sitting silently was all she could do.

When she was pulled to her feet again, she stumbled and would've fallen forward if two of the men weren't holding onto her arms. 

"What's going on?" She forced out, her voice hoarse.

"You don't get to ask questions." One of the men answered. "Now sit and don't use your voice. You'll need it for later."

The woman stayed quiet as an IV was put into her arm and attached to a machine. The men left the room and blue liquid started flowing into her body.

She gasped in pain, feeling the liquid spread through her body. She began to twist and thrash in her chair, crying out in agony.

She continued to scream, cry, and thrash in her chair, even after the pain subsided. She was confused and upset and scared. She didn't know what was happening to her.

What were these men doing with her?

"Are you sure a second dose of the serum was a good idea, doctor?" 

"I'm certain. She's a female, we can't give her a full dose, especially not all at once. She's not as strong as a man, her body wouldn't be able to handle it."

"Doctor, if I may, the total of the two doses is almost one-and-a-half the amount we would give a normal male. Don't you think that's too much for her?"

They looked through the window, watching the former nurse scream and thrash in her chair.

"No. If anything, it will make her more valuable to us. Her skills are only going to be improved from now on. When she's done screaming, prep her. She's going to be a perfect fit for her partner."

She slouched in her chair, given up screaming and thrashing a long time ago. Her head hung forward and she stared down at the floor.

She didn't look up when a set of footsteps approached her. The restraints on her arms were taken off. She didn't move.

"Get up."