26

"Sir Zach, pumasok na po tayo sa kotse. Nagagalit na po ang Mama niyo."

I was fourteen back then when my father died because of a poison. I was silently crying in front of his grave after his burial.

I can still remember that gloomy day where the skies had the same emotions as mine.

"Yes, Yaya Ey. Mauna ka na po, susunod ako in 2 minutes," I said before I turned back my gaze at my Dad's thomb.

I wiped the tears escaping from my eyes as I put the white flower I was holding on the top of his grave.

Hindi mapantayan ang lungkot at paghihinagpis na nadarama ko noong araw na iyon. It felt like I was also burried even though I am still alive.

I walked towards our car where I can find my mother and brother. As I opened the door, my mother greeted me with so much pleasure.

"Stupid son," she said as I entered the car.

I was just looking outside the window on that whole ride. Iniisip ko noon, nakatingin na kaya si Dad sa akin mula sa langit? Will he be proud that I only cried one time?

The car stopped as soon as we got inside our mansion. Mom and Gab, my brother, dropped out of the car before me.

"Kaya mo iyan, hijo." I smiled at my Yaya Ey on that moment. She's the only woman who loved me ever since I was born. She held my hand and gently pulled me out of the car.

Nakayuko lamang ako noon habang naglalakad papasok ng mansyon. I felt like I don't want to live anymore now that my father is gone. He was the only one from our family who made me feel loved. He was the one who taught me things and how to be a great grown up man. He's my idol up until to this day... and even forever.

As I entered the house, his painting with my Mom was the first thing that I saw. I smiled bitterly that time as I reminisce our memories together.

"Why are you so slow? Pumunta ka sa kwarto mo at magbihis na!"

I gasped. My Mom, Veronica Hernandez, was my Dad's wife, but isn't my biological mother. I was born by a mistake; an illegitamate child to be exact. My biological mother was a prostitute from a cruise ship. Up until to this day, I haven't seen nor meet her.

"Yes, Mom," I said before running upstairs.

"What a stupid child."

I closed my eyes after hearing those words. She was always like that. She used to call me names, throw me sharp-as-knife words, and sometimes, hurt me using her own bare hands.

Ngunit hindi ko na inabala pang sabihin iyon sa aking ama. Ayaw ko ng gulo, ayaw ko ng away. Dahil alam kong sa pamilyang ito, sampid lamang ako. I know that I was just able to live with them because of my Dad.

I held my breath when my palm touched the cold doorknob of my room. The cold temperature inside made me feel the embrace of lamentation even more because of the recollections of my dad and I had made within that room.

I closed that door and sat on my bed where my dad and I used to play chess. We used to watch movies late at night. We used to play games on my computer.

A cold tear escaped from my eye. As much as I possible, I don't want to cry despite knowing that Dad would be angry if he saw me stopping myself from crying. I grew up wanting to be strong and powerful. For me, crying will only make you weak.

But Dad contradicted my beliefs. He told me that crying is the best part of growing up. He used to tell me that crying is the best remedy. It will be always okay to cry and let the heaviness in you out.