Chapter 8

^^Emma^^

•Emmas's POV•

"Wait, so lemme get this straight, you fought about you not giving him what he wanted, and then things when south?"
"Yeah."
"I'm sorry." I hug Saylor and we continue walking through the mall. "I wanna try something new with my hair, like I wanna dye it."
"You should, I think it'd look good for a change." She smiles and pulls her phone out of her back pocket, "he won't stop texting me."
"Is he harassing you?"
"He just keeps saying he wants me back."
She hands me her phone and I scroll through at least ten texts where he's apologized. "Are you gonna forgive him?"
"I don't know, he really shouldn't have gotten mad over that, but, I do love him still."
Suddenly I see her turn around and run to no one else but Braeden, who may I add, was carrying a big teddy bear, balloons, chocolates, and Starbucks.
That is a side to Braeden I thought I'd never see. Well, whatever. I walk off and walk into Hair Boutique. I look through the book of colors and find a style I can agree on.
I have the lady dye my hair and put in extensions, then finally, I'm satisfied.
I walk out and try to find a girl carrying around a big teddy bear and balloons, but she's no where to be spotted. Eh, whatever. I go back to my car and drive home.
"Emma, what did you do to our daughter?"
"I dyed her hair."
"It looks beautiful baby."
"Thank you Mom, I'm going to bed, I'm exhausted and I have to school tomorrow. Night."

(At school the next day)

"Emma Waters?" I raise my hand. "Absent?"
"I'm right here."
"Where?"
"Here," I stand up and he squints at me.
"Emma? Is that you?"
"Yes." God how many times do I have to say it. I sit down in my seat for an ever boring World History class.

(At Lunch)

Braeden sits down next to Saylor and she lays her head on his shoulder. "I almost got suspended today."
"For what?"
"I haven't turned any homework in all semester."
"You're going to fail Junior year."
"Whatever."
"If you were to get held back, then when I graduate you won't."
"I'm gonna drop out."
Saylor chokes on her food and looks at him like she's going to smack him. "What?"
"School's just not for me. I don't wanna be here, I'm wasting my time."
"Braeden, you can't drop out, I'll hate coming to school. You have no idea how hard it is whenever you get suspended."
"I just don't care anymore, I'm not going to college so what's the point."
"The point is that you can get a decent job to support your family one day!"
"If you're never gonna have it with me, there will be no family!"
"Is this what this is about?"
"No. I just hate school, the teachers, so there's not point of me being here."
"Braeden, let me ask you this," I look him directly in the eyes, "what kind of job do you plan on having? Drug dealer? Thief? Human Trafficking? You can never get a good job to support a family that you're gonna have one day, and you need to grow up!" I stand up and walk out hoping that one day Saylor will see through him too.