Chapter 38

^^Saylor's outfit^^

•Saylor's POV•

The newly moist air pokes at my legs as I walk through the hall to Isaac.
"You ready for tonight?" He lifts me up and spins me around.
"Yes. Are you?"
"Obviously."
Tonight is Homecoming and I don't really know what to expect, seeing I've never been to any of these types of things with Braeden before.
"You're coming to my game tonight, right?" He speaks again, and I nod.
"Obviously," I mock his words.
"Come on, let's go to lunch." He takes my hand and leads me through the hall to the gym that doubles as a cafeteria.
We make our way over to our usual table, where most of his friends sit. Kayden, Kyle, Mayson and Braeden sit on the other side of the table while Emma, Isaac, and I sit on our side.
Isaac takes a grape from my tray and gestures for me to open my mouth. I do as I'm told and he goes to put it in my mouth, but at the last second he puts the grape in his own mouth. I fold my arms and pout.
"I'm sorry." He wraps his arms around me and feeds me a grape.
"I can't go to Homecoming tonight Em." Kayden says, sounding distracted.
"What? But I already have my dress."
"I have new plans for tonight."
"Kayden, are you kidding? We've had this planned for over a month. What could be more important to you that you have to miss this?"
"Are you seriously mad about this? It's just a stupid dance."
"Just a stupid dance? Tonight was supposed to be fun, for both of us."
"Look, just return the dress and everything will be okay."
"Guys, chill." Kyle says, sticking his hands out in front of him for emphasis.
"Kayden, you have been canceling our plans for the past month. What is going on?"
"Nothing."
"Whatever." Emma gets up and walks off to who knows where.
"Dude that wasn't cool." Mason says poking at his salad.
"Does it look like I care?" Kayden says whispering something to Braeden afterwards.
"What happened to you?" I say immediately regretting it.
"Huh?"
Might as well go for it, since I've already opened my mouth. "You used to be so nice, now it's like you don't care who you hurt."
"I guess you could say that. What does it matter to you?"
"You're hurting her, can't you see it?"
"And I should care because?"
"Because she's your girlfriend!"
"Yeah, well, I don't know about that."
"What are you talking about?"
"I'm just getting bored of being with one person, I want other people."
"People, as in more than one person, as in you just want to be like Braeden?"
"Oo, good one Sherlock."
"Shut up." I smack my hand across his face and we're both shocked at my reaction.
He reaches across the table to slap me, but Isaac grabs his hand and twists his arm behind his back.
"Don't you ever hit a girl," Isaac snarls, "Ever!" He screams into Kayden's ear.
Kayden breaks loose and I grab my lunch tray, walking out of the cafeteria.

//

•Homecoming night•
(A/N: oh god)

"Can I get a water please?" I hand my dollar to the man behind the concession stand and he grabs the water for me. "Thank you."
I got to turn away but he speaks to me, "You're Saylor right?"
"Yeah that's me."
"My name is Sean, we have Econ 2 together."
"Oh yeah, you sit behind me." I smile trying to leave.
"Yeah, that's me. Are the rumors true?"
"What rumors?"
"The ones about, you being you know, pregnant."
"What?" This is the first I'm hearing of any of these "rumors".
"Yeah, it's been going around school for like the past couple of days. Rumor has it, its Braeden's baby."
"What? Who told you?"
"A lot of people. But you're not, right?"
"No!"
I'm brought out of my thoughts, hearing the crowd screaming.
There's two seconds left on the clock, were behind by five; Isaac has the ball, his foot passing the line as the buzzer sounds.
Everyone on the home side of the stadium stands up and rushes onto the field. Isaac picks me up and spins me around. "That was for you," he whispers seductively, "but tonight's just for you." I shiver at his words but forget them quickly.

//Later that Night//

"Saylor you look drop dead gorgeous." I spun around looking in the full-length mirror as my mother looked like she was going to cry. "You've grown up to be such a gorgeous young woman."
"Thank you Mom." I hugged her and start to text Emma, as the door bell rings.
I look out front and see Isaac's truck. Here we go.
"Have fun tonight." My mom kisses my head and I head down the hall way.
"Saylor, someone's here to see you." I hear Dad call up the stairs, which is almost drowned out by the clanking of my heels in the hard wood floor.
I make my way downstairs and see Isaac in his suit. He looks amazing.
"Okay pictures!" My mom squeals excitedly.
We finish taking pictures and we drive to the gym, where our dance was being held.
We walk into the building and I see a ton of people.
"I'm gonna go get us some punch, you want some?" I nod my head and Isaac walks off.
Mayson walks over to me, looking very well I must admit. "You look pretty Saylor."
"Thank you Mayson, I just feel bad for Emma, considering that Kayden refused to show up."
"What are you talking about, he's right over there."
"What?" Mayson points through the crowd and I march over to him.
I grab his shirt by the collar and look him into the eyes. "What do you think you're doing?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Oh you know exactly what I'm talking about. You broke Enma's heart and now she's at home crying because she didn't have a date to homecoming, but you still show up! Who does that? What happened to you, Kayden? You used to be so amazing, and now you're always doing drugs, and you don't even care about Emma anymore."
"I just don't love her anymore. I'm not really looking for full time relationships at the moment, I'm more of a one-night-stand kind of guy."
And if something wouldn't have drawn my attention away, I would've slapped him.
But my mind was elsewhere. I was looking directly at Braeden, who was staring at me.

I am SOOOO sorry it's been a really long time since I updated, I know, but I've just been so busy recently. And I was kind of in a rut, but now I know where this story's going(((:

Ilygsm💓