Chapter 18

^^Saylor & Emma^^
(Beware the time change)
•Saylor's POV•
"Emma! I'm going to the mall to shop for a new bikini! You want to come?"
"Yeah, hang on."
We had finally graduated Junior Year in high school and it was summer. Her and Kayden we're going steady now and I hadn't talked to Braeden since the party.
I moved back into my house, and I guess hepved back into his. Kayden went back home and Emma did too.
I had heard Braeden got a new girl and took hers, but I wasn't sure. I had also heard he was in a gang and had been to jail twice in the past month, for what, I didn't know. I'd seen pictures of him on Facebook with his girlfriend, and he'd gotten one arm fully tatted and was halfway done with the second one.
I'd also heard that he was smoking cigarettes now and drank quite often. I also heard that his girlfriend was a druggy, but that's just a rumor.
"Emma! Hurry! I want to get to the mall before it turns to winter!"
"I'm here!" She walks down the stairs and we get into my car, driving to the mall.
"Let's get Starbucks!" Typical white girls. I follow her orders and we get our drinks.
We walk around for a while and I go into a store. Emma goes in the shoe store across the way and I feel someone bump me.
I turn around and see someone with a lot of tattoos.
I quickly turn around hoping he didn't see me. "Saylor?"
"Heyyy Braeden." I start inching away from him and he stops me.
"Trying to hide from me babe? Huh?"
"Don't call me that." I feel a shiver creep down my spine and he breathes on my neck.
"Just did."
"Get away from me."
"I just wanna have some fun. You know, I'd consider myself an expert now."
"Stop." I push away from him and realize how strong he's become. "I can't believe Kayden is friends with you."
"You were too."
"That's before you became a creep."
"You know you can still get with all of this babe."
"Bye Braeden." I pull away from his grip and meet Emma at the store across the walk way. "You will never believe who I just ran into."
"Who?"
"Braeden."
"Was he as creepy as he looks in those pictures?"
"Dude, he's not creepy looking, he's creepy acting."
"Oh yeah, I forgot."
I point at some sandals. "I want those! They're adorable!"
"Buy them."
"I guess I will."
I take my size up to the counter and purchase the shoes. He's gorgeous.
"Hi, how are you today?"
"Good how are you?" I smile.
"Doing better now that I met you. What's you're name?"
"Saylor. And as I can see, your name is Aaron?"
"Yes. Can I have your number?"
"Why not?" I give him my phone and he puts in the number and calls his phone. "Have a nice day." I smile and walk over to Emma. "I just got that dudes number."
"Who's?"
"Aaron."
"Who's Aaron?"
"The hot counter dude."
"Oh." She laughs and I walk back out into the mall, going into Aeropostale, quickly walking out as I realize that Braeden is in the store.
"Are you hiding from me?"
"No."
"Then why did you leave when you saw me?"
"I just realized that I no longer like this store because you shop here. I'm not hiding."
"Whatever babe." He adjusts the red SnapBack on his head and points to a couple. "Remember when that used to be us?"
"Yeah." I answer only half paying attention.
"You miss it?"
"Do you?"
"A little." My mind wanders back to the thought of us that night and how badly I screwed up.
"I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"That night, when I told Emma I wasn't attracted to you, I should've told you first. And then when I saw you kiss that girl, my heart shattered, making me realize that I did still love you, and then I realized that maybe it's because we hadn't you know, done it that I was kind of bored with our relationsh," he stops me by pressing his lips against mine. "What was that for?"
"Did you feel that?"
"Feel what?"
"I love you and I know somewhere deep down inside you love me too."

//

"Emma, I need to tell you something."
"Hmm?"
"I ran into Braeden at Aeropostale, and he kissed me."
"What? I thought you were over him!"
"I am! But he kissed me! Not the other way around!"
"You sure?"
"Yeah. And that Aaron guy called me lat night."
"Anddd?"
"We're going on a date this after noon."
"Where?"
"Olive Garden."
"I just go there for the breadsticks." She shrugs and goes back to her magazine.
"Same." I click on my Facebook and see I have two friend requests.
Aaron Dardon
Braeden Lane
I accept Aaron's and decline Braeden's.
"What should I wear?"
"Just something cute."
I open my closet and collapse on the floor. "I have nothing to wear! I need to go shopping!" I fake a mini seizer and she never once looks up from her magazine. "You suck." I change into a pink sundress and my new black sandals.
"Well, he'll be here any minute, get out of my house ugly."
"Eh." She never looks up from her magazine, "I'll be at Kayden's" she's never once been to Kayden's, he always finds an excuse to go over to Emma's house. I don't think she thinks anything of it, but I certainly find it strange.
The doorbell rings and I rush down the stairs, moving Emma out of the way. I open the door and smile. "Hi Aaron."
"Oo, he is cute!" Emma fake squeals and exits my house.
"Don't pay attention to her, she's ugly." I laugh and we take his truck to Olive Garden.
We're seated right away, he must've had a reservation. I look off of the menu and order a plate of pasta.
"So how old are you?"
"Seventeen," I state. "You?"
"Twenty-five." I almost choke on my food.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"You look like you're at the oldest eighteen."
"Nope, I'm twenty-five. Do you have any siblings?"
"An older sister, she's twenty-two."
"I have a little sister, she's your age."
We spend the rest of the date getting to know each other better and I would say over all, the date went really well, as far as first dates go.

(Later That Night)

"So I heard you're out dating again baby sis," Rylynn practically squeals at me through the phone.
"Yeah, I went on a date with this guy named Aaron today."
"Ooo, already over Mr. Bad Boy? I like it."
"Dude, it was just one date, chill."
"How old is he?"
"Twenty-five."
"Oh, I don't know if I like that. He's too old."
"Come on. It's not like we're gonna go off and get married right now."
"Whatever, just watch yourself."
"Uh Hmm."
"Well, I'm gonna go to bed, night."
"Night."
I hang up with her and look out my window out at the street lights.