Chapter 49

•Saylor's POV•

Today's the day Braeden comes home.
I'm having Aaron and Rylynn watch Madisyn so I could tell him with just the two of us.

I get into my car and drive to the airport and wait in the waiting area for the arriving gate to open.
At 9:00 pm I finally see on the board that his flight has landed.
I see him carrying his bags and I run to him as he walks through the glass and hug him tighter than I ever have before.
He's much stronger than before and he's gotten hotter.
We get into my car and he drives with one hand on the steering wheel, constantly glancing back at me.
"What?" I laugh.
"The things you do to me Saylor Johnson." he places his free hand on my thigh just to see me flinch. He squeezes my leg as I give him directions to my apartment.
We unload his bags into my apartment and he pins me against the wall, biting my lip. "Do you have any idea how beautiful you are?"
"How beautiful?"
"I'll show you." His lips attach to my neck but I pull away as his hands go to my shirt.
"I'm tired." I hug him.
"Me too, I'm gonna go take a shower."
I go lay down in my bed wondering when to tell him. He comes out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist. "Are you still tired?"
"Nice try." I laugh as he puts on a pair of boxers before laying next to me cuddling with me as we fall asleep.

//

"Baby will you help me make dinner, please?"
"Sure." He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me onto him. "And maybe you could help me with something later."
"You naughty boy." I run my fingers through his hair, messing it up.
"I'm not kidding. Do you know how long it's been since the last time?"
"Should be about six months." I lay my head against his chest and he rubs my back.
"That's right. Too long."
I get off of his lap, pulling the steak out of the fridge and putting a pan on the oven.

//

I pull my seat up to the table and watch as he sits across from me. I hope this goes well.
"It tastes good," he smiles.
"Yeah."
"Are you okay Saylor?"
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"That's a lie. What's on your mind baby?"
"Well I need to tell you something and I don't know how you're gonna react. I've known for a while and I've been waiting to tell you in person."
"Oh god, you're not pregnant are you? That's the last thing we need right now."
My heart drops, "No. Of course not. I was just going to tell you I was going to start looking for a job, and I needed ideas."
"Oh, I was worried there for a minute." He laughs and I push my chair back from the table.
"I'm not feeling good. I'm going to lay down."
I walk down the hall to my room and lay on the bed as tears fall from my eyes.
A few minutes later I hear the door open and I quickly wipe my eyes. "Saylor?" Braeden walks over to the bed and sits next to me. "You're pregnant aren't you?"
"No."
"I saw the way your face dropped when I said that. It's just I'm not really, ready. But I could adjust. I could grow up. I want to be here for you and this baby."
"I'm not pregnant." I mumble.
"Then what is it?"
"I already had the baby."
"What?" I hear his tone of voice changes quickly and I recognize he's pacing around the room.
"I already had her. About four months ago. That's why I called and asked you for names."
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah." I start sobbing and he sits next to me, putting his arm around me. "I'm so sorry. I know you don't want her. And I understand if you're going to leave."
"Woah, who said I was going to leave? And don't apologize, it's just as much as my fault as yours. Did you really think I was going to leave you?"
I nod my head, unable to speak.
"Can I see her?"
"Yeah, she's at my sister's house. I had them watch her so I could tell you. Do you want to see her now?"
He nods his head and I grab my car keys.
We get into the car and drive to Rylynn's apartment. Aaron answers the door with a worried look on his face.
"Can we see her?" Braeden says before I can manage to speak.
"Sure," Aaron lets us in, "she's in the den with Rylynn."
We go into their den and Braeden's face lights up immediately. He lifts her from the couch and puts her in his arms, careful not to hurt her. "What's her name?"
"Madisyn Lane Johnson." I wrap my arms and Braeden's waist as he smiles down at me. "She's beautiful, just like you. Can we take her home tonight?"
I nod my head as he grabs her carrier seat and we head out the door to the car. He buckles her in before getting into the drivers seat and placing his free hand on my thigh. "Do you have to do that every time you drive somewhere?" I ask referring to his hand.
"Yes, I do. It's pretty much expected from a guy when he has a sexy girl next to him."
"Ah, I understand," I laugh pulling my phone out of my pocket, noticing the text from my dad.
Dad- I miss you! You two should stop by, I haven't seen my granddaughter yet.
Whose fault is that? I reply: maybe tomorrow depends if I'm busy.
We arrive at the apartment complex and he takes her inside while I get a shower.
When I come back out my phone is not on the nightstand where I left it, I immediately look at Braeden laying in the bed.
"I didn't take it!"
"Lies." I sit on his stomach, with my legs on both sides of him. "What did you do?"
"I just had to change a contact in your phone."
"Which one?"
"Hang on, let me text you." He pulls out his phone and I feel mine buzz.
Daddy- hey you like your new contact name?
"Wow," I laugh slowly lowering my face to his, our lips meeting and moving together. Just as things are started to get heated I hear the high pitched cry of our daughter.
I hop off of Braeden and go into her room and lift her from her crib, bringing her into my bedroom.
"Looks like someone wants their daddy." I lay her on his chest as she try's to put her fingers on his face.
"No matter how many time she ever says it, it'll be my favorite when you do."
I laugh at his cheesy attempt to be seductive.
"I'm desperate here," he slightly laughs. "Promise me, that sometime, while I'm here."
"Okay, I promise, but no more babies."
"I solemnly swear, I will not make you have another child. Yet."
"Yet?"
"Well, maybe when I'm not stationed halfway across the world and I'm here with you, we can have another little one."
It made me smile to think of my future with him and us having a family.

//

I wake up at three in the morning with the baby monitor blaring. "I got this one." Braeden gets up, leaving the room and I fall back to sleep.
Again at six, I get up to get her and have to feed her. She finally falls back do sleep but I can't.
When Braeden gets up, we make breakfast together as Madisyn plays on her matt in the living room.
I reach up to grab the flour out of the pantry, when Braeden tasers my side, before picking me up and setting me on the counter. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.
I move my lips with his as he presses his thumbs into my side.
"I love you."
"I love you too," I say in between breaths.