Chapter 28

^^Braeden^^

•Braeden's POV•

(The next Morning)

I wake up and Saylor's head is on my chest. I kiss it and roll over.
She sits up and I smile. "Good morning beautiful."
"Ugh." She groans crawling onto my lap, wrapping herself around me.
"I like this sleepy morning Saylor."
"Shut up." She wraps her arms around my neck and lays her head on my shoulder.

She forces me to lay back down and she lays on top of me. Eventually, we both fall back to sleep and I don't even feel her get up.
I crawl out of the tent. "Saylor?"
I see her sitting with her legs folded on the dock. I sit next to her and she doesn't say anything, I can tell she's thinking.
"Braeden, did you and Paige, you know," she comes to a stop.
"No."
"So you're still a..." She trails off.
"No, I never said that."
"So, you had another girlfriend bedsides Paige?"
"No."
"Then who did you ba-" I stop her.
"It doesn't matter."
"It does to me."
"Whatever." I stand up and walk back to the tent crawling back inside. I start rolling up the sleeping bags and put them in my truck.
I take down the tent and put it back into its little bag.
I see Saylor still sitting over on the dock, so I walk over to her. "Baby." I sit behind her wrapping my arms around her
"What?" She mutters.
"Let's go for a hike."
"Fine." She stands up and we start hiking up a pathway.
Eventually we reach the top and look out over the bottom. "It's beautiful out here." she said looking around. I can't tell if she's talking to me or to herself.
I come and wrap my arms around her neck and she leans her body back into mine.
"Why does it matter if I've done it before with somebody?"
"It's stupid." She says sighing.
"No, tell me what's running through that pretty little mind of yours."
"I, I don't know, I guess I just always imagined our first time would be together. Something special. I mean, it would be genuine. The one night that you wouldn't make a joke about it. I'd wake up with my hair a mess and you'd laugh and joke about a round two."
"We can still do that."
"I don't know, I just feel like I don't compare to any of your previous girlfriends."
"You don't. You're better than all of them."
"I just feel like I'm holding you back because I'm not ready."
"No, if you're not ready, neither am I."
"Okay." I kiss her head and we look out over the platform. "Well, I guess we should be heading back."
I take her hand and we walk back down the path, back to our campsite.
She gets into the passenger seat and I slide into the drivers seat and she looks at me. "I'm ready."
"Saylor."
"I said, I'm ready."
"Are you sure?"
"How many times do I have to say it, I'm ready."
"Get in the back." She crawls into the back and I crawl back there with her, locking the doors.
I kiss her and unbutton her shirt. She takes off mine and I stare at her. "I can't do this."
I put my shirt back on and get in the drivers seat. "I won't do this." I start pulling away and I her sniffles coming from the back seat. "Saylor don't do this to me." I keep driving and hear the sniffles keep coming. "Saylor, stop."
"What? Do you just not want me anymore? Was I too fat for you? Was I too ugly? Too short? My hair was the wrong color?"
I pull over and crawl into the back seat with her. "Saylor, someday you're gonna thank me."
"Why would I thank you for this?"
"You said you wanted it to be special. you wanted to be genuine. You would regret this if I did. Here's your card, keep it." I climb back into the drivers seat and pull away again.