Chapter 22

^^Saylor^^

•Saylor's POV•

"I have a girlfriend."
"Wait what?" I blink at him, rapidly, trying to comprehend what he is saying.
"Dude, get off of me, I'm in a relationship." He pushes me away and I take several steps backward away from him.
"But," I trail off. Then why was he flirting with me, and why did he kiss me? Why is he still making jokes at me?
"Babe!" A girl comes running up to him, and it takes me a minute to recognize her, but I do. And when I do, I wish I wouldn't have.
"Wait, what? Are you guys like, a thing, now?" I give her a strange look and my eyes widen.
"Yeah." She wraps her arms around his waist and he kisses her. Ouch. "Come on, babe. Let's go play in the water!" Ew.
"Okay." She hops on his back and leaves me standing there, alone.
Stupid Paige.

(Later that Night)

"And he just left me, standing there alone. I can't believe him. How could I be so stupid?"
"Yeah." Emma says, seemingly distracted.
"Em, are you okay? You seem kind of, distant."
"Yeah." She sighs, I wonder what's going on.
"You sure?"
"Yeah, I gotta go."
What's her deal? I set my phone down and go through my Netflix suggested playlist. Lame.
I throw the remote on to the chair along the wall next to my bed. I get in the shower and change into spandex along with a t-shirt and fall asleep fast.

//

I sat in my room for the next few days thinking. Just thinking. About a lot of things. About Braeden. About Paige. About Aaron. About Emma. About Rylynn. About me.
I've decided I've changed a whole lot in the past few months, and whether it was for the better was still to be decided.
I knew one thing for certain. I would always have a special spot in my heart for Braeden. Always.
And maybe he didn't want me now, maybe he won't want me tomorrow. Maybe he won't ever want me.
But when he does, I'll be waiting for him. Right here.

(Later That Evening)

"Saylor, dinner is ready!" I sit in my window-seal seat and stare out the window. "Saylor?" My mom knocks on the door and I don't move as she crosses to me. "Honey, dinner's ready."
"I'm not hungry." I mumble.
"Baby, what's wrong?"
"Nothing," I grumble, just wanting her to go away.
"Are you sure? You've skipped dinner the par three nights, I trust that you're eating plants during the day while we're at work."
"Mhm." I don't turn from the window and pray that she'll leave.
Finally, she does.

Truth is, I haven't eaten in three days since I saw Braeden at the beach.
At first I thought maybe he was just with Paige in spite of me, but then I realized that she was the girlfriend he had that everyone was talking about.
Was she prettier than me? Skinnier? Taller?
I didn't know. but I did remember one thing.

//Flashback//

"Yay!" I grab my bag and go into his bathroom, changing. When I finish changing I look at my self in the mirror, dissatisfied with what I see, I try sucking in some and still dissatisfied, I sit on the tile floor. I bring my head to my knees and start crying. "Saylor?" I hear him knock on the door and he whispers. "Can I come in?"
"No!" I scream at the door as push it shut with my feet, pulling my knees back up to my head.
"Baby? If you don't open this door in three seconds I'm coming in there."
"No! Please! Don't!"
"One, two, three." He opens the door and his jaw drops.
"I know I'm fat, you don't need to stare!"
"Baby, you're beautiful. Shh, calm down." He sits next to me and I put my head into his chest. "I understand if you don't love me anymore."
"Saylor, you're the most gorgeous girl I have ever met and I love you more than I have ever loved anyone else."
"Really?"
"Yes. Here." He stands up and brings me on of his sweatshirts. I slip it on over my body and crawl under the covers next to him.

//End of Flashback//

So she's skinnier? So what? Does that mean that he doesn't want me because I'm fat? He wants her because she's skinny?
The thoughts flood my brain as my head starts spinning.
I pull at the cushion for something to grab onto as I try to hold on for my life.

//A/N//
Okay do you like Braeden? bc none of my friends like him.