Chapter 52

•Saylor's POV•

After dinner we went out to the pool and sat in the hot tub for a while, just watching the sun go down on the water. Braeden managed to somehow buy us a bottle of wine, so we were sitting in the hot tub drinking our wine.
I sat on his lap as he massaged my shoulders and ran his fingers through my hair.
"I could live here forever."
"You should then."
"I can't, I wouldn't have anyone to watch Madi and it would be more expensive. I already don't have a job."
"You should work at a modeling agency," he unties the top of my swim suit around my back, then my neck.
"I'd never get accepted," I take a sip of my wine before repositioning myself.
"Sure you would. I don't think you realize how gorgeous you are, Saylor. You have the body of a goddess."
His hands run up to my chest when we hear the gate open.
A guy about or age comes walking over to the hot tub and sets his towel on the table.
I sink lower in the water while I have time to put my swimsuit too back on. Just as I start doing the top up, Braeden unties the bottom making me pinch his arm.
"I'm not interrupting, am I?"
"Nope," I smile as he gets into the hot tub sitting across from me.
"So where are you guys from?"
"About five hours away, its such a small town, you probably never would be heard of it." Braeden pulls me back into his lap making me come up higher in the water but I immediately force my self back down.
He nods his head.
"Where are you from?" I ask, trying to not make it obvious what I am doing.
"I'm from New York, just here for a little while during the summer."
"That's cool, I've always wanted to go there." I smile tying up the bottoms.
"Yeah, it's different here though, that's for sure."
"I bet," Braeden sticks his hands on my thighs, rubbing them.
"Yeah, is the little one sleeping over there yours?"
I nod my head, while taking a sip of my wine. "Yeah, that's Madilyn."
"She's beautiful. She looks like you," he says referring to me. I feel Braeden tense up under me, but I stroke his arm to calm him down.
"I almost forgot, I'm Casen Reynolds."
"I'm Braeden James, and this is Saylor James," Braeden says before I can speak. Wow.
"Oh, you guys are married? That's nice."
"Oh it is," Braeden says, turning short with the guy.
"Well, we're not married yet, but we're planning on it." I smile, sipping from my cup.
"My girlfriend and I said that, until she left me to pursue her Broadway dreams."
"I'm sorry to hear that," I smile lightly before standing up. "Braeden, I'm going back to the room, I'm exhausted. You can stay here if you want. I'll take Madi."
"Okay," I pick up my sleeping daughter off of the lounge chair and carry her into our hotel room, before setting her on the couch.
I peel off my wet suit and put on one of Braeden's shirts and some spandex.
I drawl into bed, before falling asleep.

//

I wake up with Braeden's arm draped around me. I see light coming in the windows and get up to go check on Madi.I lift her up and kiss her forehead. "let's give you a bath." I grab her a dress and take her to the bath, rinsing her gently. I dry her with a towel change her before placing her on the couch with my phone to watch Max and Ruby.
I hear a knock on the door and open it to Casen. "Oh, hi Casen, what's up?"
"You left your towel at the hot tub last night and I'm just returning it."
"Oh, thank you," I hear Braeden behind me, grabbing the towel from Casen. He shuts the door before turning to me. "You think I don't see what he's trying to do?"
"What?"
"He likes you Saylor! It's obvious! I could tell by the way he was eyeing you last night."
"I'm sorry, I was too busy fixing my bathing suit so that it would stay on, to notice." I spank his butt and lay next to Madi on the couch to watch Max and Ruby with her.
"Daddy?" I see Braeden turn around smirking.
"Yes baby girl?"
"Can you hand me her bottle out of the fridge?"
"Oh, that's what you meant when you called me daddy."
"Sorry, maybe next time." He hands me her bottle and I feed her.
After she finished the bottle Braeden burps her while I get dressed into white shorts and a see through tank with a bikini top underneath.
"I see you too are having fun," I say referring to Madi pulling Braeden's hair and sucking her thumb.
"Tons," Braeden groans, before going to get dressed.
I turn around, taking a pink pill from Braeden's bag, before turning around to find him staring at me.
"What did you just do?"
"Scratched my face." I say quickly.
"No."
"Yes," I say.
"You just took on of those pink pills! You're on drugs too!"
"I'm sorry, they help me let go and you get what you want from me!"
"That's me how I wanted it! I wanted you to want me, not to have to force yourself by taking medicines to help you let go!"
"Braeden," I call as he walks out of the door.
"No! All that time you were nagging me to stay off of them when you were taking them! I can't believe you! You don't even know what those pills do!"
I put my head in my hands and sit down on the bed.
I shouldn't have taken those pills, but I wanted Braeden to be happy with me. I wanted him to be satisfied. I did it for him.
I call him but he sends me to voice mail.

//

I hear a knock on the door and hoping its Braeden I run to the door, but it's not Braeden, it's Casen. "Oh, hey."
"You sound disappointed to see me."
"No, it's just, I was kind of hoping you were Braeden because he left earlier and I haven't seen him since."
"What happened?"
"It's kind of a long story," I say quietly.
"Do you want to go on a walk?"
"Sure, let me grab Madi." I let him in, while putting Madi around my hip and walking out with him.

//

"So he just left you?"
"Yeah, I don't know, I guess."
"That's stupid, you don't do that to a girl."
"Thank you for cheering me up." I smile.
"Anytime," he boops Madi's nose and her and I walk back to the room.
I see Braeden standing outside smoking.
"I saw you with him."
"We were just on a walk."
"Didn't look like a walk to me," he blows smoke out into the air.
"Would you stop being so jealous? I can have other friends, you know."
"Not ones that want you in their bed. You're mine and only mine. I know it's hard for you to believe me, but you are so much more attractive than you know. I've seen so many guys look at your butt and you all over and I've wanted to punch them all, because you're mine."
"Me and him, I don't even think we're friends, so chill."
He puts his cigarette out by stubbing it on his arm, and following me inside. "Are we going to do anything today?"
"We could go to the pool."
I nod my head, grabbing my towel and Madi. I walk to the pool without Braeden while he changes and lay Madi out on a beach chair to sleep. I set up a mini tent I bought to cover her from the sun and get into the water.
I swim for a while but then get bored so I get out and get on my phone. Where is my boyfriend?
I pick up sleeping Madi and go back to our room, to find Braeden passed out on the floor.
I set Madi on the couch and lay down on my bed, falling asleep quickly.

//

I get up and walk into the area with the couch and TV, noticing Braeden's not here.
I look out the curtains and see him smoking. I step outside and frown at him.
"What? You know it calms my nerves."
"But it's so gross. How can you do that? And I can't kiss you now. That's disgusting."
"Okay, how about we quit the nagging and you march yourself back inside the room."
I roll my eyes, before walking inside and sitting on the couch.
A few minutes later he walks in, smelling like cigarette smoke.
"Can you not smell like that around our daughter? Please? I don't know if you've ever heard of something called second-hand-smoke."
He rolls his eyes, before going outside again.