Chapter 23

•Emma's POV•

I tossed and turned.
Turned and tossed.
I just couldn't stop thinking of Kayden and his situation.
His parents. They're monsters. Demons.

I have to tell someone, this is eating away at me.
I dial Saylor's number and she doesn't answer. I have to tell her. I try one more time and then get out of bed.
I put on a sweatshirt and leave on my spandex and run to her house.
The doors locked, so I crawl through the window. I pry open the window and almost fall off the roof when I see a face appear through the window. "Saylor, what are you doing? You scared me?"
"What are you doing?"
"I had to tell you something. Now."
"What?"
"It's Kayden, he, he he's being abused at home and he doesn't want me to tell anyone, but I had to tell someone. I don't know what to do, I want to get him help, but he doesn't think that will help."
"Tell someone else."
"What? Emma I always come to you with my problems."
"No, I mean tell someone who can handle this."
"Thanks." I crawl off of the window seal and off the side of the roof, landing on both feet, running back to my house.
I look up the number to report abuse, and put the number into my phone.
I just can't bring my self to touch he green button with the white phone on it. I can't call. I can't.