Chapter 17

^^Rylynn^^

•Kayden's POV•

"Braeden!" I pull the chick off of him and she gives me a dirty look. "What are you doing?"
"Drowning out the pain." His eyes are bloodshot and he stares up at the sky.
"What are you talking about?"
"My baby doesn't love me."
"Braeden, I think you're drunk."
"No, I'm painfully sober."
"Dude, you need to go to bed."
"I don't want to dream of her."
"What are you talking about?"
"My baby doesn't love me."
"Let's just go inside."
I help him walk inside and set him down on the couch.
"Mind getting me something to drink?"
"Dude, you need to sober up."
"I told you, I'm painfully sober, I need to cover the hole in my heart."
"Did Saylor do this to you?"
"Yes."
Wait, where's Saylor? I haven't seen her since she was making out with that dude.
I run outside and his trucks still there, I dial Saylor's number.
"What?" I can tell she's been crying.
"Where are you?"
"I don't know."
"Stay where you are." I going inside and grab Braeden's keys and jump in his truck. Hopefully I don't get stopped, I don't have a license.
"What are you by?"
"Four gas stations."
Great. "What else?"
"There's a Walmart to my left."
"I'll meet you there, go inside."
"I just wanna go home," she sighs.
"I know baby, I'm gonna take you home."
I hang up and find the Walmart. I walk in front and she's pacing back and forth in from of the checkout isles.
"Saylor!" She turns around and runs to me. She hugs me and she's shaking. "Baby, what's wrong?"
"I just wanna go home."
"I know, let's go."
Have I mentioned that this is a very bad part of town?
I run out of the Walmart with my hand on her back, pushing her to run. I unlock the truck and she slides into the passenger seat.
We drive back to her sister's apartment and I let her off in front of the door. As soon as I see she's safe in side I drive back to the house, to get Braeden and Emma.