Chapter 21

^^Kayden^^

•Emma's' POV•

I kissed Kayden and ran my hands across his back, when he suddenly flinched. "Baby, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." He mutters, out of breath.
"Baby, we need to talk."
"I have to go."
"No. Kayden, you're staying right here. We need to talk."
"There's nothing to talk about." He mutters quickly standing up.
"Stop." I stand in front of the door, making him stop. "I was going to come see you, last week, but I heard a large crash. Then you screaming, and crying. Kayden, what's going on?"
"Nothing." He mutters.
"Are you being abused?"
"No. why would you say that? Of course I'm not being abused. Why would you think that?"
"Kayden. Are you?"
"You can not tell anyone, or I will have to move again, and bad, bad things will happen to me. Please," he begs.
"I'm so sorry Kayden." I hug him and lay down on my bed. "don't you think it would be better if you told someone?"
"No! I will never forgive you!"
"But," he stops me.
"No! No one!"
"Okay, fine, but how long has this been going on?"
"Since I was about three."
I hug him and I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I can't imagine anyone doing this to a child, or to anyone for that matter.

(Later that Afternoon)

Ever since I found out about Kayden and confronted him, it's been a bit awkward between us.
I really just want him to tell someone, but he doesn't want me to.
I told him that he needs to tell someone, but he just won't have none of that.
He doesn't believe me when I tell him that it will get better. He refuses to believe me.
"Baby," I wrap my arms around his waist.
"What?"
"Please?"
"No. I don't want to heard anymore of this." He walks out of my house and I see him sit in the front yard with his chin to his knees.