Chapter 11

^^Braeden's Truck^^

•Saylor's POV•

About midway through the night I noticed the arm around me started to get much heavier. He looked like he was having a hard time keeping his eyes open and he kept leaning on me. "Braeden, let's leave before you fall asleep." I didn't feel comfortable staying at someone's house who's I'd never met. He stands up and stumbled to his truck. He's probably just exhausted, he didn't have that much to drink.
He had a bit of trouble putting the key in, but he got it. Of course he didn't wear his seatbelt, he never does.
He backed out of the driveway and pulled onto the highway. We slowed down, then sped up, making me nervous. "Braeden, pull over, I'll drive. You're exhausted baby."
"I got it." He slurs and squints at the road ahead of us.
"Braeden! Watch out!" Suddenly I hear a crunch of metal and everything goes black.

(At the Hospital)
"Saylor?" I hear Emma's voice but can't see her.
"Emma! I can't see you!"
"That's because you have to open your eyes, dummy."
I open my eyes and laugh. "Thank God I thought I was blind. Where's Braeden?"
"He almost killed you! They did a bunch of tests on him and it came back that he had drugs in his system. Not to mention his alcohol level was above the legal limit."
"Is he okay?"
"He's walking around and moving just fine, he's no where near the shape you're in."
I suddenly notice a large bulge on my arm and my neck..
"What's wrong with my arm? And my neck?"
"You threw your arm across to protect him from going through the windshield."
"Can I see him?"
"You need to rest."
"Get him in here Emma."
She rolls her eyes and exits. Seconds later, Braeden walks through the doors and sits by my bed. He takes my left hand, causing me to flinch in pain.
"Saylor, I am so sorry. I could've killed you. And I could've killed me. That was beyond stupid and I'm so sorry. You risked your life for mine."
"I'm just glad you're okay."
"I guess this means I'll be waiting another few weeks for this thing to heal."
"Yeah," I laugh. "What day is it?"
"Wednesday."
"What happened to Monday and Tuesday?"
"You slept right through them."
"And I'm still exhausted."
"Aren't you always?"
"This dress is ugly," I say referring to the hospital gown they gave me.
"I'm pretty sure you still have that bathing suit on from the party."
"Yeah, about that, you may wanna tell your friend that their is no way I'm giving it back to whoever this thing belongs to. I love it too much."
"Okay." He laughs and kisses my hand.
"When can I get out of here?"
"I'll bring the doctor in to explain."
"Okay. Love you."
"I love you too."
He leaves and the doctor comes tottering in. "He your boyfriend or something?"
"Yeah."
"He almost killed you."
"I know."
"You seem fine with that."
"I'm not."
"You sure?"
"Yes. When can I leave?"
"You should probably stay at least one more day, just so we can make sure all of your organs are working properly."
"Do you have any other, less ugly dresses I can wear?"
"Bye Saylor."
Emma rushes in and sits by my bed. "You can't trust him! That little lying backstabbing boyfriend of yours."
"Emma just stop. I know you don't like him, but I don't know why all of a sudden you hate him."
"You think he's perfect don't you? Wait till you find out the hard way. And I hope it doesn't take you to be dead to find out!" She walks out angrily and slams the door.
Braeden come's in with Starbucks and kisses me. "I brought you See's Candies too." Man I love this boy.
"Thank you baby. Come lay with me."
"I don't think I can fit, I'm petty sure I'd squish you."
"I don't care, come on baby." He crawls next to me causing me extreme discomfort, but I fall asleep quickly.