Chapter 13

^^Emma^^

•Saylor's POV•
Today I finally got to go home. Of course not before I got a lecture about going to parties, hanging out with my boyfriend, and making good choices.

The only scar, bruise, or mark you could see on my skin was where the airbag burned me and I had to get twelve stitches,

Braeden laid with me in bed all day, even though my parents were leery about it. We watched tv and he cuddled with me, making sure I was feeling okay. Lately I'm seeing a side of Braeden I thought I'd never see. Maybe he feels like the accident was all his fault, or maybe that he's been a real jerk lately, but he's a totally new person. Other than him skipping school to be with me everyday I've been in the hospital. I'm sure he was more than willing to do that.
"Did you hear about Kayden getting suspended?"
"No. When?" I sit up in bed feeling dizzy.
"Yesterday."
"Really?"
"Yeah, he got caught making out with Emma in the girls bathroom."
"That does sound like Emma, but that doesn't sound like him."
"It's true, he's actually staying at my house right now."
"Why?"
"His parents would be mad if they found out about him being suspended I guess."
"Emma's not gonna be too happy when she finds out he's staying with you."
"I don't care what she says. I'm dating you, not her."
"Can I go for a walk?"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I wanna get out some." He takes my hand and helps me walk around outside some. "Let's go to your house."
We drive to his house and walk in to see Kayden watching tv. "How are you feeling?" He hugs me and I stand on my top toes to reach him.
"Better. It sucks, honestly, it's like having a pice of skin the size of a football missing on your arm."
"I bet."
"So, I wanna hear how you got suspended."
"I was playing around with Emma and she took my joke seriously and ran into the bathroom. I did what most guys would do, I went after her. So I had to crawl under the stall door to get to her, and then we started unclothing each other and a teacher caught us."
"Where you really gonna go all the way in a bathroom stall?"
"No, I wasn't gonna get her pregnant."
"You should always carry one in your backpack." Braeden suggests.
I smack his arm and he kisses me. "Ew, couples." Kayden makes a disgusted face at us and we kiss just to make him uncomfortable.
"We should go pick Emma up from school." Kayden suggests, and we pile into my car, since Braeden's truck was totaled.
"I imagine today was lame for her."
"Everyday is lame for her, what are you talking about fool?" I get in the passenger seat look over at Braeden in the drivers seat. "Now, you're not under the influence of anything are you?"
"Nope." We drive to school and wait for the bell to ring.
Finally it does and Emma spots us. She gets in the back next to Kayden and they start kissing. "Ew, couples." I stick my tongue out and we drive back to Braeden's house.
"We all have to go to school tomorrow." I whine as we walk in the door.
"Suckers." Braeden laughs as I get the chills.
"What do you mean by that?" Kayden looks confused as Emma and I exchange glances.
"I dropped out," Braeden shrugs sitting on the couch.

//

"What do you mean, dropped out?" I eye him suspiciously.
"As in, I do not attend that school anymore, because I quit."
I try not to, but I start crying and run upstairs into his room. I hear footsteps run after me and someone shuts the door. "Babe? Why are you crying?"
"Forget it."
"Tell me baby." He sits down on his bed next to me and wraps his arms around me.
"I can't. It's not something I can share with you."
"Say what's on your mind baby girl."
"Please promise me, you're not gonna end up in a gang, or some street crew, or drug dealing. Please?"
"I'm not dropping out to hang with my 'gang-bang' buddies, I'm dropping out because I don't see a purpose of going to school for seven hours, five days a week."
"Baby, I know that, but it'll turn into that."
"I promise it won't. And I won't let it, because I love you too much to do that to you. You hear me?" I nod my head. "So stop crying baby girl, cheer up." He kisses my lips gently and carries me downstairs.
I walk in on a sight I would've rather not have seen. Kayden kissing a topless Emma. I shield my eyes and walk through the living room to get to the kitchen.
Braeden lifts me up on the counter and I wrap my legs around his waist. "What tattoo should I get next?"
"None."
"Hmm?"
"Don't get any you're perfect as you are." I kiss him and his mom walks in the back door.
"Mom!" Braeden says loud enough purposely so that Kayden and Emma have time to leave the room. "What are you doing here?"
"I live here," she says like it's obvious.
"Yeah, like two weeks out of the whole year."
"What's she doing here?"
Braeden's mom has never liked me, and I'm not sure why. I've never done him or her wrong.
"She's my girlfriend." Braeden replies with his usual response, and when she questions him further he never sticks up for me, it's really kind of annoying.
"What do you see in her?"
"I see my gorgeous girlfriend that I want to spend the rest of my life with."
"So God help those children."
Kayden walks over to see what's going on.
"You know what? I'm sick of you always being so disrespectful to Saylor. I love her. And you need to stop being so rude to her," Braeden says.
"You wouldn't know what love is, your father left you when you were two." He starts running towards her but Kayden and I pull him back.
"He left you! I wonder why!"
"Why did you have to choose her! Out of all people?"
"What do you have against her?"
"One, she's ugly, two, she's fat, three, she's stupid." Braeden's face turns more red and red as she continued her list.
"Saylor is amazing! She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen she is not fat! Don't come in here and insult my girlfriend! You're a lousy mother and you never were there for me! I hope you have fun getting help when you're old and crippled!"
"Get out of my house!"
He runs up stairs and I run after him. He grabs a suitcase and throws his clothes into a suitcase along with his shoes. "Grab me the box over there please." I go to grab the box and I knock it off of my shelf, spilling its contents.
I lift up the little bags with pills in them. "What are these for?"
"Nothing."
"Answer me, Braeden,"
"They're to help me relax now give them to me."
"This is what you tok when we got into the accident, isn't it?"
"Give me them."
"Isn't it?"
"Yes, now give me the box."
"I can't give you these."
"I spent $200 on those!"
"These are gonna kill you!"
"Give me the box, don't make me say it again." He grits through his teeth angrily.
"No!" I grab the box and run downstairs, to my car, showing Kayden.
"So that's what almost got you killed?"
"Yeah."
"You gonna through them out?"
"Yeah. But I need to throw them away where he won't be able to access them."
"Good point." I put them under the passenger seat and sit in the passenger seat. Finally Kayden gatheres his stuff and Braeden had all of his things. We drive to my house and Kayden stays in Rylynn's old room since she got an apartment, but Braeden gets to stay in my room, but the door never closes.

This is the start of something new. Maybe.