Chapter 53

•Saylor's POV•

"Save it, I know I know," Braeden gripes as we walk into our hotel at 11 at night.
"I still can't believe you did that! You could've died!"
"Okay, that's a little dramatic don't you think?"
"No! You almost choked to death!" I laugh, trying to breath normally.
I lay down next to him while he wraps his arms around me, pulling me tightly to him.

//

"Saylor! Come here you have to see this!" I follow Braeden's voice and see Madi crawling on the tile.
"That's disgusting, get her off of that dirty floor," I pick her up, wiping off of her hands.
"Did you see it? She crawled!"
"Guess that means it's time to baby-proof the apartment."
"On our last day here how about we go to the beach one last time?"
"Good with me," I put on a bathing suit and we walk down to the beach with Madi.
I lay my towel down on the sand and lay down on it.
The sun is no longer on my face, so I open my eyes to see Braeden's figure standing above me.
"Can you move?"
"Mm, how about no." He lays on top of me, biting my neck.
"Braeden, we're going to get kicked off of the beach."
"Does it look like I care?"
"Where's our daughter?" I sit up and she's sitting in the sand, watching at the water laps up to her feet.
I pick her up and we gather our belongings before heading back to the car.
I lay my head on the seat and fall asleep with Braeden's hand on my thigh.

//

"We're home." I sit up quickly.
"Already?"
"I guess it must've been the lack of sleep you got," I can sense his smirk without looking at him.
"I'm going to lay down," I say, grabbing Madi and my bags before walking inside.
I set her on her bed, before dragging myself to my room and passing out on the bed. I don't remember the last time I slept this much.
I wake up and its 12:26 am, but Braeden's not in bed.
I walk out to the living room, and he's sitting on the couch.
As I get closer I can see he's crying. Woah.
I walk closer to him and when he sees me, he bites his lip, trying not to cry.
"Braeden?" He doesn't move, so I sit next to him on the couch. "What's wrong?"
"It's nothing you need to worry about." He says quietly, trying to hold back tears.
"Come on Braeden."
"It's nothing."
"What happened to us telling each other everything? Come on, you can tell me."
"I can't tell you, when it's about you. How do you know the right time to say something that's going to change everything?"
"Braeden? You're scaring me."
"Just know I love you."
"What is it?" I say, getting impatient.
"I slept with my boss, Arden, while I was away at training."
I feel absolutely nothing as I close my eyes, trying to not wake up Madi.
"Oh." I bite my lip, walking into my bedroom, shutting the door after me.
The door creaks open, "It meant nothing to me. I love you. And only you."
I say nothing, just hoping he'll leave.
"Please listen to me, it was an accident."
"How do you sleep with someone on accident?"
"It meant nothing to me, Saylor. Please! You have to believe me!" He walks next to me, pushing my hair behind my ear.
"Don't touch me," I smack his hand away.
"Baby," he puts his hands on my waist and I slap him.
"I said, don't touch me!" I sit on the bed, putting my head in my hands, breathing heavily.
"Please, baby. I love you. Only you."
"If you loved me, why did you do that? Why would you cheat on me?"
"I don't know! It was a stupid mistake!"
"And how do I know you're not going to do it again?"
"I'm not. I love you, Saylor." He puts his hand on my face, his thumb wiping away my tears.
"I want you out of here first thing tomorrow, we're through."
His hands fall to his sides, and he looks at me, "Saylor, come on, don't do this to us. Please." I hear the tone of begging in his voice.
"Get away from me, I don't want you want where near me," I push away from him and lay down in my bed.
"Saylor, you just have to hear me out!"
"What is there to hear out? You cheated on me because you didn't care about our relationship and our future! You don't get it, do you?"
"I do, I love you Saylor. Please! You have to believe me!"
"If you're not leaving, I am." I get up and go to reach for the door knob, but Braeden grabs my wrist pulling me into him. "Let go of me!"
"Not until you believe me, it was a mistake!"
"I, I can't." I grab the door knob again, but he shuts it swiftly, locking it.
"Let me out!"
"No," he growls bringing himself to me. "I want you to believe me."
"I can't, do this Braeden." I push him away from me and try to unlock the door, but his muscular arm holds it in place.
"You know I'm actually a lot stronger than you," he refers to me pulling on the door.
"Let me out, I don't want to be around you."
"No can do, I'm sorry, but tonight, you're my property, I own you."
"Stop, I don't want to do this," he hand travels up my thigh, making my body freeze at his touch.
"I own you," he whispers into my ear.
His lips attack mine, before he picks me up.
My legs wrap around his waist, before kicking off of him. "Get off me." I open the door and walk into Madi's room, grabbing her and her bag. I get my emergency bag and get into my car, driving to Rylynn and Aaron's apartment.
I'm not in the mood to deal with this. Especially not now.
I knock on the door, and surprisingly, at 2:03 in the morning, Rylynn answers the door.
"The guest bedroom's ready for you," she says like she was expecting me.
I nod my head, before carrying my child and our bags in. I set her in the bed, and I take the floor, careful not to crush her.