Chapter 50

•Saylor's POV•

"Please come with me," I pout my lip.
"No, they don't like me, and you guys need some bonding time, without me screwing it up for you."
"Please, if they don't like you I don't care, that's too bad. Please come with me. I don't want to go alone."
"You'll be fine. Just be yourself. I love you."
"No, no," I yell as he drives away leaving me in front of my parents house holding a baby carrier.
I sigh and walk up to the front door and ring the doorbell.
My dad opens the door, hugging me and let's me in the house.
"Your mom is upstairs. I'll go get her." I'm left standing in the doorway while he goes upstairs, so I set Madisyn's seat on the table and unlatch her.
My parents come down the stairs and my dad grabs Madisyn from me. "what's her name?"
"Maybe if you wouldn't have left you wouldn't known."
"Don't talk to your father like that young lady," I roll my eyes at my mothers remark. "Don't roll your eyes at me!"
"I'm out of here." I grab Madi from my dad and her carrier.
"Don't come back!" My mom yells after me.
"Wait, Saylor." My dad calls.
"What? I don't want to hear what she's going to say."
"So I'm never going to get to see my granddaughter?" I can tell he's hurt.
"You can, its just she can't." I walk outside the door and sit in the grass before pulling my phone out of my pocket. I look up notice Braeden standing across the street outside, leaning on his truck.
"You knew," I manage to put on a weak smile, and run to him before he pulls me in a large hug.
We stand there for a few minutes just hugging in the middle of the street as I sob into his chest. "I knew I should've never come here."
"Shhh, it's okay. Calm down. It's gonna be okay." He takes Madi from me and buckles her into her car seat before opening my door and letting me in.
We sit there for a while and he grabs my hand and rubs it. "You'll always have me. I promise."
I nod my head as he drives back to the apartment, only after, once again, placing his hand on my thigh.
When we stop I look up and realize we're not at my apartment. We're at Rylynn's apartment.
He opens the back door, getting Madi out and going inside, to return a few seconds later empty handed.
He starts the truck again, after placing his hand on my thigh, and we drive again.
I look up and we're at my apartment. Only he's not in the truck.
I see the door open beside me and he holds his arms out and picks me up, carrying me bridal style inside. He sits down, still holding me on his lap and looks at me straight in the eyes.
"Saylor Johnson, you are beyond beautiful and I don't care what anyone says I will always love you no matter what. I know I'm just a boy, but I'm trying so hard to he a man right now. I just want what's best for you and our family. Okay? I promise I'm not like I used to be. I've changed. And I'm still changing. I'm changing for you. You're all I want and our family is everything I could every need or ask for. So believe me when I tell you, you are the woman of my dreams and I love you more than anything. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I promise to love you forever and ever and far longer than that."
"I love you Braeden." I kiss his lips and lay down on the couch without breaking the kiss.
He picks me up and brings me to the bedroom and lays me down on my bed. I take off his shirt and know where this is headed, but I'm too sad to care about anything right now.

//

I slip on Braeden's shirt and walk into the kitchen to see him pacing. "Are you okay?"
"No. I'm just going to come out and say this, we didn't use protection."
"No." Me knees feel week as if they could give out at any given second. I grab onto the counter to stable myself.
"Okay, we're not sure of anything, but it could be."
"You said we weren't going to have anymore kids right now!"
"I wasn't planning on it! I just kind of, forgot."
"How do you forget?"
"I don't know! But you didn't remember either!"
"It's not my job!"
"You could be talking pills to prevent this!"
"I didn't even know if we were gonna still be together now!"
He turns his head and looks away, like he's trying not to yell very loud.
"Saylor, I'm going to run you down to that drugstore and you are going to buy those special pills that can prevent it the next morning."
"Okay." I nod my head and slip on a pair of spandex.
We get in his truck and run to CVS.
"Go!" He says after we sit in the parking lot.
"You're coming with me!"
"No!"
"It's embarrassing!"
"Fine!" He snaps at me, walking into the store with me.
I go to the feminine product isle and see that the case is locked.
I find a store employee and ask her to open the case for me, before grabbing a bottle of the pills and paying for them at the register.
"Twenty dollars."
"Braeden?"
"I'm not paying twenty dollars for the stupid pills."
"Do you want another kid?"
He groans before forking over the money and I run out to the truck.
"You owe me twenty bucks."
"Excuse me?"
"Those pills cost me a lot of money."
"Does it look like I care? I might be pregnant!"
"If those pills don't work I'm done."
"What did you just say to me?"
"I said, if those pills don't work, I'm done. I'm gone. I'm not going to have another kid. I don't care anymore."
"Just drive me home."
As soon as we get into the parking lot I jump out and run inside, closing the door behind me quickly. I grab a water bottle and read the directions. Take two twice a day for one day.
I down the first two and lay down in my bed after changing the sheets.
I fall asleep and wake up later and Braeden is no where to be found.
I take the two pills again and set the bottle up in the cabinet before laying down in my bed again.
I wake up to see Braeden next to me, so I roll over where I'm not facing him.
"Baby, please talk to me."
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because you are the most bipolar person I've ever met in my life."
"I'm sorry, it's not me. It's not who I am."
"Who are you then?"
"I don't know."
"What's your excuse this time?"
"Look, I know you're gonna be mad, but just hear me out. Please. When I realized we didn't use protection I freaked out, wondering how I could possibly handle two kids, when I'm just a kid myself, so, I grabbed one of those pink pills I used to take and I took it, and I guess it set off my bipolar side."
"I thought you were off of the drugs!"
"I was. I am! It was once! And it was only because I was scared. If you want to throw up those pills, go ahead. I'm all for it. It's your decision not mine."
"No." I shake my head rapidly, before turning around to face Braeden. "I want those drugs out of my house, and if I ever find out you're taking them again, I can promise you that you will never see your daughter."
"I won't. I promise." He kisses my nose before getting up and bringing Madi into the room. I guess he picked her up.
"Here," I lay her against my chest and play with her fingers.
"You know, maybe two kids wouldn't be too bad. I mean Madi's been pretty easy so far. Like I said, if you want to throw up those pills, it's okay."
"No. I'm not taking any chances with you."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm certain."