Chapter 1: A New Enemy

To make things easier to read:
Bold = Author Notes
Italics = Character thoughts
(Brackets) = Pov Change/Time Skips

It was the evening at the tree of life, the day of Kion's coronation, while most of the animals of both the Tree of Life and the Pride Lands gather at the front of the tree, Kion and Makini are both inside

Makini is making the ceremonial paint that would become Kions mark of the King.

Meanwhile, Kion is panicing, pacing back and forth from wall to wall all in front of Makini.

(Kions POV)

My body wouldn't keep still

My body wouldn't keep still. I paced back and forth between the pedestal and the back of the tree where the Royal Mjuzi works. I got startled when Makini spoke up, "Kion? Whats got you so worried?" asking while still mixing the fruits and flowers.

"Makini, I don't know if I can do this, if I can be a king. I don't even know the first thing about being a king. What if I mess up? What if the herds don't accept me? What if-" I was interupted by the young mandrill.

"Shwari Kion" I looked at her a took a deep breathe. She continued.

"Kion, you're worrying to much. All those animals out there are here because they support you, you have helped and saved all of them many times. And besides, Rani will be there for you, as will I".

Makinis words were very comforting. After a few seconds my anxious expression turned into a smile, and I stopped trembling. "Asanta Makini, I feel a lot better now, I think I'm ready" I said. She responded with a proud expression.

"There's the Kion I remember. The paint is ready, are you?" I looked at her as my smile slowly went done.

"I don't think anyone can really be ready for something like this." I then remembered what she had just said to me, I gave her a smirk. "But yes, I think I'm ready".

Makini and I walked out of the Tree of Life to be greeted by Rani, Suddenly all my fears went away. "Rani" I greeted while she was standing on a rock slightly above me.