Chapter 16: Familiar Faces

Going to start doing this thing called 'Question of the Chapter'. It's very simple, imma ask you folk a question at the start of every chapter and you can just answer it. Very simple

Question of the Chapter: Who are your two favourite characters in this story?
(1 Disney/1 OC) 

(Ranis POV)

As the crowd around me applauded my victory and chanting my name, I was caught in what felt like a trans, a sudden feeling of...pride came flowing through me. "What is this feeling?" I questioned.

I had just killed other animals. Sure, I had killed before, and not just for hunting, but for survival. It doesn't matter who I kill, when I do it, I always feel sorrow and remorse...but I didn't this time.

These gorillas are just like anyone else...forced to fight for the enjoyment of the Warmongers. I should be begging for forgiveness from those I've killed right now, but instead, the adrenaline flowing through me is making me feel so invigorated.

"I see...this feeling...it's the glory of the arena, the thrill of being a gladiator. It's...addictive." I hate that I feel this way, the enjoyment I felt in ending the lives of those gorillas. I enjoy fighting, but I can't enjoy killing...at least that's what I thought.

(Askaris POV)

"I hate making Rani fight like this

"I hate making Rani fight like this. Clearly she isn't at full strength yet, I haven't seen her fight yet, but it's clear that the venom is still effecting her body. That being said she is still soldiering on."

Unfortunately, everyone has to follow the rules, even someone as powerful as myself. I'm not saying I'm omnipotent, but I am the most powerful being in the world...and yet...there are things even I can't do.

Rani had began to leave the arena and as she return to the slave quarters, I could see the other gladiators cheering her on. "Well at least she gained some respect among her peers." Things should go a little smoother for her.

Once Rani was gone, I stood up and turned around as to begin leaving the arena, however Bwana, the slavemaster was a bit disappointed to see me go. The mandrill spoke, "My king? Won't you stay to watch the remaining matches? The gladiators at work are a spectacle to see."

I didn't turn around and just said coldly, "No, I've seen enough." I motioned Proud to follow me but before we could leave Bwana jumped in front of us. He seemed really desperate and he was testing my patience.

"Wait your majesty...there was something I would like to ask you." The mandrill had caught my attention, so I decided to let him go on, but it wouldn't end well for him if he was stalling, and Proud has even less patience then me.

He continues, "Since I know that Rani-" I give him a death glare and he shakes, "...Apologies, Queen Rani...is a special slave, I feel like I should ask your permission to include her in the next gladiator test."