Chapter 9: The Betrayal

A full length chapter this time, your welcome. I don't know why but I really enjoyed writing this chapter, like more then usual, which is one of the reasons came that it came out much earlier then you were probably expecting. I think one of the main reasons I loved it was finding new art for the character because timeskips. I wanted to ask if you guess feel like there are characters that aren't really being shown much. Specifically the other members of the Lion Guard, I know I give Kion and Fuli good roles in this story, but do you guys wanna see more of the other members too, personally I only ever found those two to be interesting enough to add to the main story, but what do you guys think. I did try to correct that mistake by giving them a few more lines in this chapter but that's mainly because of downtime and random chit chat. The main question is, would you guys like to see story arcs for Bunga, Anga, Ono, and Beste?

(8 Months Later)

It has been eight months since the Battle for the Roars at the Pride Lands and the Tree of Life has been better then ever

It has been eight months since the Battle for the Roars at the Pride Lands and the Tree of Life has been better then ever. Unfortunately for the protectors of the Tree of Life, there is no short of poachers and territorial herds that want nothing more to invade the kingdom and take all the food they want, leaving the protectors very busy.

After returning to the Tree of Life, Queen Rani resigned from leading the night patrol because of her duties as queen. The Night Pride then had to elect a new leader for their patrols, this was taken up by Ranis younger brother and prince of the Tree of Life, Baliyo.

Once leader, Baliyo decided to replace Ranis spot in the Night Pride with his new mate, Chuluun, and with that Chuluun was a member of the Night Pride, and bore the mark along with everyone else. Although many of the animals that lived at the Tree of Life were scared and distrustful of Chuluun, she has slowly been trying to build trust with everyone since her rehabilitation, although some wounds will never heal. Chuluun has to live with the fact that she took Ullus ability to fly.

Shortly after their return Fuli had to take a break from being apart of the Kings Guard, although she loved it, she was physically unable to fight due to her pregnancy. Jax basically never left her side, except for the occasion where he would have been needed in the Mountain Coalition.

The Kings Guard in general have grown up quite a bit, although still young, King Kion has finally grown out his mane, yet there is still more to go. Even without the help of the fastest, the Kings Guard is easily able to protect the Tree of Life from any threats that they have to deal with.

Queen Rani is usually awake during the day now, performing her royal duties to the Tree of life, keeping her extremely busy, although she isn't alone in this. While Kion defends the kingdom on it's outskirts, the Misfits assist Rani with the internal affairs of the kingdom, and have bonded well with their Queen.

After returning to the Tree of Life, Azymondias and the Misfits were rewarded with saving the King, saving the Queen, and helping in the Battle of the Roars. The Misfits were recognised as the Tree of Life's Royal Guards.