Chapter 2: Hard Times

(Ranis POV)

I woke up in the tree of life, my vision was extremely fuzzy, I couldn't remember what happened or how I got here

When my vision cleared I could see Nirmala staring at me, she looked very concerned. My hearing was a little distorted but I think I heard Nirmala, "She awake, Makini quickly, the remedy." She said with panic and worry.

Makini walked over and had me drink some kind of liquid. My vision and earing cleared as I looked down at my wounds. Seeing them made me have a minor panic attack, as all my memories from Proud came flooding back to me.

I perked up and shouted, "Where's Kion?" Everyone looked away in sadness. "Nirmala, where is he? Don't tell me we left him behind!"

Nirmala looked at me with regret in her voice. "The King ordered us to get you and the wounded back to the tree of life. He stayed so we could all get back here." Sadness struck my face as I was on the brink of tearing up.

"But we heard the Roar quite a few times a few minutes ago, he's alive. Fuli, Surak, Baliyo, and Bunga went out to save the King." Makini tried to comfort me, however hearing he words only left me with more worries.

"If Kion is still out there, then I must help him, I...can't so this...without him". I stood up as quickly as possible and tried to exit the tree. I was immediately stopped by my wounds, I didn't realise how much of a beating I took in that battle. 

I collapsed to the ground after a few quick steps and groaned in pain. Nirmala rushed over to me, "Rani please, you are in no state to move, let alone to go back into battle." I looked at her in disbelief and rage, although the rage was not directed at her.

"But Kions still out there, he needs us...he needs me!" Nirmala could see the look in my eyes, she was at a loss.

Makini approached me, agreeing with Nirmala, "Rani, you won't do anygood if you end up more injured then you already are. You must trust in the ability of Fuli and her squad." 

I was frustrated that I couldn't do anything to help, and that this was out of my control. However, I knew that she was right. I picked up on something from her words, "Fulis squad?"

Nirmala confirmed, "Yes, Fuli was just as broken up as you, but when we heard the Roar, she was the only one with the initiative to gather the broken pieces of the Night Pride and go to help Kion. I'm sure they will be fine."'

Perhaps she was right, Makini then proceeded with my healing, "Come on you majesty, your body still needs to heal." I followed Makini to the rock where she began to treat my wounds.

I looked around the see the rest of the guard, Anga and Ono were stabilised yet had fallen unconscious, while Beste had woken up. I also noticed a fairly large hole in the middle of the floor, "What happened there?" I asked.

Beste spoke up with a little wheeze and couching, "When we thought Kion had...well Bunga was furious, I've never seen little B at like that. He punched a hole in the ground, leaving that crater, I can't say I blame him though, but when we heard the Roar, his rage left him. I'm sure they'll get to Kion, they've never failed him before."