◇ Crash ◇

Warnings: angst

~~~~~~~

And so, the world came crashing down around the man who had fallen to his knees. The man lifted his head as he watched his former lover engage in loving and gentle gestures with another. As everything sunk in, the only thing the man could do was cry, cry his poor fool heart out. The tears flowed from the man's eyes as he let out all of his sadness, anger, agony, and sorrow, the tears hit the ground, sizzling as if they were acidic. When the man regained control of his emotions, he stiffly arose and trudged back to the big black building he called home. The prison.

Sam was working on updating some of the redstone wiring when he heard a pair of footsteps approaching him. The hybrid turned his head in the direction he heard the person approach, narrowing his eyes slightly as he saw who stood before him. "Uh, hello, Sam." "Foolish." The meer gesture of greeting was cold and clearly forced, but neither acknowledged it. "I have come here on behalf of Tommy. I know you have some uh, history with him, so I figured you may want to know. He is struggling with the loss of Tubbo and his hatred of Ranboo has gotten out of hand. Ponk would have come himself to ask you, but due to you guys' current standing, he felt it would be best to send me." Foolish explained, avoiding eye contact with the creeper hybrid, whose gaze bored holes into the man standing before him. "To send you?" Sam scoffed, the incredulity clear in his tone as he arose from his kneeling position. Foolish gave one of the nearby walls a side glance as he avoided the Warden's seething glare, "As if you are any better." The hybrid huffed before turning back to the redstone contraption and kneeling once more, a quiet hissing filled the void of silence between the two men. "I'll go see Tommy in a bit." "Thank you," Foolish said quietly before turning away, Sam gently hit his head against the wall, trying to forget about it, forget about all of the pain and regret, but it wouldn't disappear, and what happened next didn't help either, "Sam?" Foolish hadn't left. Sam acknowledged he heard with a grunt, not looking away from what he was doing, "Ponk doesn't blame you for what happened, he knows why you did it... don't blame yourself." And with that, the god turned and left, as silently as he had arrived, leaving Sam to pick up the pieces of what had once been his healing heart.

After regaining his composure and finishing the job, Sam let out a huff and rose to a standing position. The Warden walked down the large corridors of the prison until he reached the exit, which he went through, leaving the only prisoner in the place all alone once more. The creeper hybrid made his way through the vast lands of the Dream SMP using the one and only Prime Path, which was built early on. His netherite boots thunked against the wood as he walked, his tail swaying back and forth like a wooden swing in the breeze, and his tired eyes scanned the horizon for the boy he needed to speak to. When Sam reached the outskirts of what was once the great L'Manburg, he called out softly, hoping the boy was there, "Tommy?" He opened his mouth to call out again for the boy, but he soon spotted the fiery blonde rounding the corner. "Hey, Sam." Tommy said, his voice sounding broken and helpless. Sam sighed, wrapping his arms around Tommy in a gentle yet firm hug, "I'm so sorry this happened, it isn't your fault." The words slipped from the hybrid's mouth like sweet honey, giving the boy engulfed in his embrace a bit of a break. "Why don't you come stay with me for a while? You could help me take care of the cows and we could spend time together." Tommy nodded, "I'd like that." Sam smiled, pulling away from the hug gently, yet leaving their arms linked together, "Let's go." The duo then made their way across the lands of the Dream SMP to the prison, where Sam showed Tommy where he kept the cows, who were meandering around, grazing, and laying down. Tommy smiled and began to get them fresh water, leaving Sam to sit back and await his return. When Tommy returned, from renewing the cows' water, he had a look of satisfaction and contentment on his face, which made Sam happy. The warden smiled, earning a lopsided one in return from the boy, who sat down by the fence and picked some grass for the cows, feeding them it between the wooden planks. Sam watched on in silence, enjoying the gentle heat of the sun on his skin and the pure joy that radiated off of Tommy, who was loving on one cow in particular, the big bull named Sniper, but Sam just called him Snipes. Sam sat down in the grass and quietly watched Tommy, his gaze softening more and more as he watched the broken teen show a little bit of his old self. "Am I allowed to go in with them?" Tommy asked, the hope and excitement clear in his tone. Sam nodded, "Just be careful, a few of them like to rub their heads on you and might push you down accidentally, just gently tap their nose and they should back off, if they don't, then smack their nose. If they start getting pissy with you, get out of there." Tommy nodded, slowly hopping the fence and approaching Sniper, who leaned into the boy's gentle touch. "I'm going to go back in the prison to check up on things, if anything happens or you need something, just message me!" Sam said as he rose and trod over to the entrance portal. "Alright! I'll be safe!" Tommy called after him, giggling as Sniper licked his face.