Present Day

"...After that, we were all taken to the hospital - a private one of course. I was unconscious and oblivious to anything that happened after that; I stayed that way for a week. No news had been delivered to me until I'd woken up. I found out that the girl's name was Amelia - Amelia Rivers. She was not born in South Korea but raised by her aunt and uncle, Brian and Cathy Rivers in the country."

Suga paused to take a death breath - preparing himself for the sickening information he would present to his audience.

"At the age of 14, she lost her sister and mother to a car crash - which is why Amelia began to live with her relatives. She suffered great depression after this incident and it was later discovered that though she had pills for her treatment, she refused to take them. The refusal to take her medicine left her mind broken - frazzled. She felt lost and hopeless with the understanding that no one could truly empathize with her pain - it was painful to keep going..."

He closed his eyes.

"To make matters worse, one year after she lived with Brian and Cathy, she was sexually assaulted by Brian. This one incident soon turned into many more, to the point where it became hard for her function around them. Then, the physical abuse started. Her appearance on the first day we actually saw her face to due to the fact that Cathy was jealous of her. Jealous that a 15 year old girl was being abused by her husband - jealous that her "attention" was being stolen."

"I-"
"This is very ... Interesting information Suga-sii, however, why are you providing the press with this information? This girl attempted to kidnap you and excuse me for saying this, but her struggles have nothing to do with the choices she made. Everything that she has done was by choice, not force."

Suga eyed the tall reporter holding a microphone. An ignorant man he was to believe that her pain had nothing to do with the events that took place - as if her suffering were small pebbles that laid on the large seaside - unnoticeable and unneeded. But alas, the arrogant man was correct. She did make the decisions herself - they were not forced upon her by another. The things she did were heinous in the eyes of many - dangerous, uneducated, evil. However, Suga knew something that this man did not - something that would be shared.

"Yes, you are correct. Her choices were purely her own - she was not forced to do anything."
"Exactly, so why do you continue to defend-"
"However, for you - a man - to assume that the emotional and physical abuse she suffered does in no way affect her mental state, is completely ignorant of you. I am in no way defending Ms. Rivers - nor am I excusing her behavior because it is inexcusable. Nobody should do what she attempted. Her punishment has already been served to her but she is also getting better mentally. I shared this information with you not to ask for sympathy or for you to empathize with Amelia - I simply wanted to emphasize that there is always something more beneath the surface; although for some," 

He gave the reporter a knowing glance.

"It may take a bit of time to understand the depths of someone else's pain. Thank you, no further questions."
"WAIT! Yoongi-ssi, do you still visit the girl?!"
"How do you feel about this case now months later!?"
"Why did you say that you are not defending her, do you still feel resentment towards her!?"
"Where do you think she would've been if it weren't for you?!"

The chatter of the paparazzi echoed in the rapper's ears - a sound that he was used to by now. A barrage of questions followed him down the stairs as he hastily hurried to the van that held his band. Pushing through the large crowd of people was a difficult task but luckily, with the help of his security, he was able to reach his destination. Quickly opening the door without looking at his surroundings, he hopped inside the van. Unbeknownst to him, the seat that he sat on was actually one of the members laps - Namjoon's to be precise.