Chapter 010

10 : let's break up

❝ Don't be nice to me, I don't need your pity

❝ Don't be nice to me, I don't need your pity. ❞ Bringing up her stone-cold defiance again, the youngster spoke out her concrete words towards her kindhearted tutor with not even a tiny bit of guilt roaming inside her.

Kindness was just a lie or a trap made for the unknown misery that's hiding behind it.

Well, that's what Park Jangmi chose to believe.

No one she's met could treat her with sincere respect or kindness, even in the worst moments of her life. Even if it's censored as generosity, there's always an intention following behind. 

People wanted to use her and throw her away like a used plastic.

But she's not falling into their traps again.

Jake noticed his benevolence going too far before he could even realize it. Maybe Jangmi just disliked people touching her face? ❝ S-Sorry, I didn't mean to touch your face so boldly. ❞ He coughed whilst restraining his sweet actions that might've been too friendly.

Jangmi seemed like a person who wanted to be on her own so it'd be respectful of Jaeyun to follow her preference.

❝ And I wasn't being nice. ❞ Jake lied since he surely didn't want the youngster to think that he's having other intentions or other purposes. ❝ I just didn't want you to make excuses for your pain so that you wouldn't have to do your homework. ❞ The clever tutor twisted his words with an awkward cough before reversing his steps to exit her room.

Yet, Jake couldn't deny his flushed face after an embarrassing reaction received from the Park Jangmi. Was the tomboy really allergic to tenderness? 

Jangmi just plopped herself onto the bed the moment Jake'd fully left her all alone in peace.

She felt sickened after reacting to her carelessness whilst skipping a beat in her heart when Jake abruptly inched his face closer to hers. She'd encountered scarier rollercoaster rides before but never felt her inside wanting to combust as much as now with the heated embarrassment.

She hated how her heart disturbingly reacted.

-

❝ Oh, Yuri-ssi! ❞ , greeted the hasty boy in his sky blue t-shirt whilst waving his hand to the scowling girlfriend of his as the female crossed her arms. She stopped sipping her drink and exhaled heavily once he'd approached their appointed place.

Jake noticed the unpleasant girl's expression and how she crossed her arms as his lips outreached into a saddened pout like a guilty puppy. ❝ Yuri-ssi...? ❞ He gently hummed his girlfriend's name from his coral lips as the said girl just madly rolled her eyes at the Aussie who's offering her the sad puppy look.