Chapter 017

17 : great guidance

❝ Jaeyun's one and only girlfriend

❝ Jaeyun's one and only girlfriend. ❞ 

Jangmi remained silent at Jay's words.

His girlfriend...?

❝ That dude even has a girlfriend? ❞ 

Not that Jangmi was curious, but she found it a bit hard to believe. No wonder why the guy's honey-tongued around people all the time. 

Even acting all nice to her... as if he could relate to her pain when he's just pitying her just like he does with others.

❝ Why do you sound that surprised? ❞

Jongseong's question in a playful manner made Jangmi reprimand herself from sinking into curiosity too much about her tutor. ❝ I do? Haha, it's just a bit unbelievable to me that someone wants to stick with an annoying person like him. ❞  Her words made Jay cock a brow up in disbelief.

It's rare for someone to badmouth his kindhearted friend Jake Sim since he's literally impossible for anyone to grow a hatred onto. ❝ Haha, that dude would literally ditch us for his lover but trust me though. He's not a bad person, not even close to being horrible—❞

❝ Yeah, yeah, I'm not saying that he's a bad person too. I just don't get along with a goody-two-shoes like him. ❞ Jangmi added onwards before chugging the cold liquid and continued steps with Jay by her side.

❝ He's tutoring you now, right? ❞  A hum escaped from the tomboy's mouth.

She surely didn't like having Jaeyun as her tutor but what else could she do when he had her weakness in his grip? 

❝ Jake's extremely pally to the kids who he tutors with so hopefully, you'll get along with him soon enough. ❞  Seeing how proud Jongseong was to brag about his friend made Jangmi low-key curious about her tutor's true personality traits—but she just couldn't imagine Jaeyun being all friendly and easy-going with her.

❝ I don't plan to though, haha. ❞ , she sarcastically spoke with a faint smile.

-

Another day of being stuck with the nosy tutor in her room, the student boringly diverted her eyes onto the wearisome pages.

❝ You want me to read all of these pages? What the-❞

❝ It's the only way for you to memorize the key terms out of all. I selected a minimal number of pages so you don't have to worry. Just read it with interest. ❞ Crossing his arms, the tutor spoke whilst attentively watching Jangmi complain about her studies.

What else could he expect to come from a kid who particularly hated studying?

❝ How the hell is this thing interesting in your eyes? ❞