Chapter 002

02 : fake id

❝ You'll catch a cold

❝ You'll catch a cold. ❞ The worries could be thoroughly seen on his face as Jangmi's body tensed up with goosebumps after hearing his deep voice echoing in her ears on repeat.

It was a unique voice that she'd never heard before as the girl played it cool by nonchalantly staring at him back with her baffled eyes that expressed no emotions. 

She was filtering her true state as the girl had completely lost all interest in her life. And, which Jangmi'd been ashamed of was that she became a weak soul just by hearing a sentence when she knew that Sunoo didn't mean to say it.

❝ So? ❞

The wuthering atmosphere even tensed harder when the tomboy gave an unbothered response...making the other stranger question internally.

Those eyes were saddening and the boy felt his heart sympathizing whenever their eyes met.

All of the sparks in her dusky orbs were gone, just like gloomy clouds which were located above them. Deciding to mind her own business, the young teenager just swiftly turned her back to face him as tracked to fade from his sight.

But Jake couldn't accept that to happen.

Persistently insisting on holding the sky blue umbrella above her, the stubborn boy somehow didn't give up as he didn't seem to catch her signal. Staring up with a judgmental glare, Jangmi huffed since she didn't want another weirdo to worsen her day even more. ❝ Didn't you hear what I said earlier? Or are you deaf? ❞ Rudely addressing, the rebellious girl just arrogantly rolled her eyes.

' Well, that's rude. ' , thought Jake internally as he just heavily exhaled. Kids these days were uncontrollably rebellious already.

❝ Yeah, I did and I didn't get the chance to tell you that your parents would be very busy if you fall sick. ❞  Explaining in detail to get her wronged thoughts to change, the mastermind smartly said.

❝ Then, that's their problem. Not mine. ❞ Arrogantly declining the stranger's offer for the second time, the female just dodged his outstretched arm which was hovering above her head. 

What kind of daughter doesn't have mercy for their parents? 

However, Jake wasn't impressed by the young lady's pessimistic behaviours which were honestly just a show to fake her tough image but that didn't sit well with his caring mindset. ❝ Just take it and stop being stubborn. ❞ The young man in his glasses was already running late to his house and it's either he leave now or else he's gonna miss the latest bus to his house.

❝ I said I don't fucking need it. ❞

This dude was getting on Jangmi's nerves as it was the last straw for her to aggressively poke his hand, resulting the colourful umbrella to fall from his grip as it touched on the muddy ground. Scoffing in disbelief at her childish movement, Jake let the female exit from his sight with her broad back facing him only.