Chapter 016

A/n ; I'M STRUGGLING WITH OLYMPIAD MATHS someone pls call tutor Jake for me 🛐

16 : min yuri

❝ Are you hitting on me or something? ❞

Jangmi's face turned the boy all poker-faced as he didn't know what else to speak instead of disproving her thoughts of which he never had for her in the first place. ❝ Obviously, NOT. What makes you think that I am? ❞ Breaking into a small snicker, the Aussie lost a hold of his laughter as he laughed at the missy thinking she's being so clever, having misassumptions about him— when he just asked for his friend Park Jongseong.

 Then, why did you even ask? Isn't your mouth tired of blabbering all the time? ❞ Roasting the guy who's older than her by a few ages again, she remarked while boringly staring at him with her emotionless eyes.

❝ It's just that...❞ Jake started reasoning as his doe eyes met Jangmi's ones which fell pure black again.

❝ What? ❞

Regardless of the close gap between their faces, the tomboy asked him straightforward.

Jake didn't wanna show how annoyingly caring he could get sometimes so the boy tugged off his anxious face as if he's just caught in a lie. ❝ You're looking depressed like a rejected person or something. ❞

Scoffing at her tutor's boldness, she just side-eyed him. ❝ Shout out to your bold words, my guy. Not only did you roast my gloomy and uglyass face, you also thought I got rejected by someone? ❞ Faking some claps those weren't coming from her heart, she sarcastically rolled her eyes while mocking herself.

❝ No, I didn't mean it like that—❞

❝ Love isn't the only thing that can cause you misery for your information. ❞

Jake honestly disliked the way he worded earlier as well but he just wanted to detect whether Jangmi was also a heartbroken person or not.

If she was then, it wasn't a surprise for her to run away from Jay's confession.

❝ Yeah, sorry. ❞ 

Jangmi just shook her head before sealing her correction pen shut. ❝ For what? ❞ She just threw a question back at him.

❝ For assuming that you're heartbroken. Again, I'm sor—

❝ It's none of your business so no need to be sorry. ❞

Her stone-cold personality was concrete but was she internally like that as well? 

❝ Still

❝ You're just about to dismiss me, right? Thanks, I have to go anyways. ❞ Grabbing her varsity jacket quick from the hanger, she dashed outside the room and left her tutor behind in the room.