Chapter 019

TW // suicidal attempt

19 : finding peace

❝ I think you'll be able to solve this on your own since it's easy

❝ I think you'll be able to solve this on your own since it's easy. If x equals 24 degrees—Jake carefully read out the given facts of the question, believing that Jangmi's following behind his words but she seemed to be zoning out. 

❝ Jangmi? Are you listening? ❞

He snapped his fingers in front of her face as the tomboy blinked her eyes as a sign of being pulled back into reality.

❝ Sorry, I didn't catch it. You were saying? ❞ Her unfeeling eyes laid upon to his figure as she turned her head around.

Something was off with the youngster even if Jake tried to ignore it.

❝ Is there something wrong? ❞

He noticed her puffed up eyes that were horribly swollen...

Obvious enough for him to guess that she had cried before their tutoring session.

❝ No, why do you ask? ❞ Seemed like the introverted one didn't appear to be sharing what happened to her so that just made Jake stop with his questions.

❝ If you say so then...❞ Shrugging away with the thoughts, the tutor just focused on the lesson as silence took over the huge bedroom once again. Jangmi's eyes didn't play with other stuff anymore as she just emotionlessly stared down at the papers.

Awkward silence once again engulfed the kind-hearted tutor and his student, who apparently seemed to be out of her right mind. Distressed? Might be. 

❝ I guess I'll dismiss you after this. ❞ The benevolent one spoke with generosity in his eyes. 

 ❝ Isn't it too early though? ❞ Her eyes glided upwards to the clock on the wall before they fell again to Jake who was showing her a small grin. ❝ Why? Do you enjoy me tutoring you now? ❞ His mischievous smile made Jangmi stutter with her words as he put his face at front.

❝ Please, what? My t-tuition fees are expensive because of you. I can't let my money go to waste of course. ❞ Shaking her head at this weird tutor, the tomboy began writing down the equations for the given sum.

❝ I'll believe it this time, I guess? Don't worry, I won't make you study twice even if you get dismissed early. ❞ Smiling with his huge cheek bones outstanding, the tutor swirled the pen inside his fingers. ❝ It's just that you seem really tired so I want you to rest earlier than usual. ❞ 

Although the caring guy's eyes were dug inside the textbook, his sweet words made sure to reach Jangmi's ears.

❝ There's no need to do that, just treat me normal. ❞