Chapter 022

A/n ; Thank you for 2k votes! I love you guys :3

22 : i'm sorry

❝ Jangmi, I'm so lonely

❝ Jangmi, I'm so lonely. ❞

❝ I miss you, twinnie. ❞

❝ I'm scared, Jangmi. ❞

❝ I don't want to be all alone...❞

The same old nightmare overtook the young soul as the tomboy was sound asleep on her bed. The heat drove all over her body as the seventeen-year-old girl had a hard time overhauling the reality from sinking deeper into a nightmare.

❝ Eunmi! ❞ She exclaimed as her eyes opened wide the moment she returned to reality.

Her hands clutched onto the bed covers the moment she sat up, sweating and panting.

Night by night, Jangmi repeatedly had been experiencing the same old nightmare even if she didn't wish to.

Was it a sign that Eunmi needed her by her side?

Jangmi didn't wanna overthink but sometimes, she felt bad for her twin sister.

If Eunmi didn't try to save in her fire that day, would things have changed?

She couldn't help but wonder about it every time guilt struck her.

❝ Young lady Jangmi, is everything alright? ❞ One of the maids questioned as they stared at her from a distance in the room. It's already time for school.

❝ Yeah, don't worry... I'm all good. You can just leave the uniform and go now. ❞

The maids nodded and left the room to her, all alone again. The girl with her white shirt soaked in sweat frustratedly tousled her hair as she exhaled and inhaled on repeat.

She knew thinking negative would be no good but the heavy-hearted feeling inside of her was making her guilty as if she's the one who put Eunmi's life to end.

Did she really deserve to live at all?

-

❝ Am I seeing things right? You're wearing a skirt? ❞

Sunoo still bombarded Jangmi with his questions out of disbelief. He's sure that his boyish friend had no plans with following the teacher's commands unless she's valorous enough to do so.

❝ What is so surprising about it? ❞ The defiant one took a seat behind her only friend in this entire school, just to get faced by the smiley fluff ball up close.

Kim Sunoo purely smiled before uttering his opinions out alongside a playful chuckle. ❝ You look great with it. Even better than I expected to be honest. ❞ Giving a thumbs-up, the handsome boy remarked at his friend who just playfully glared at him.