Chapter 021

A/n ; I have a huge Olympiad exam tmr but all I can think about is JAKE, jake and jAkE in my head 😔 and the saddest part is that I DON'T HAVE A TUTOR JAKE TO HELP ME REVISE MATHEMATICS ok bye now i'm even sadder 😂😂😂💔💔💔

21 : before it's too late

After giving time for the youngster to let out all of her emotions, Jake decided to put on some ointment across the reddened surface of her neck

But of course, the stubborn head stopped his beautiful hands from doing so as she grabbed him by the wrist. ❝ I'm fine, don't worry. ❞ Although her bruised neck was aching like hell, the younger lied. 

She didn't want to trouble Jake even more after staining his shirt with her tears.

Sighing, Jake shook his head before releasing a playful chuckle out of his lips. ❝ You're not going to be fine with that pain, Jangmi. ❞ 

Beaming a charming smile and getting all pally with Jangmi relieved her and lessened her stubbornness for a bit. The quiet tomboy sat still with no words uttering out of her mouth, making Jake fully alarmed of how silent she was.

He took the opportunity to calmly rub the ointment on the scrapes, earning a small groan from the younger. ❝ Sorry, does it hurt a lot? ❞ He asked with concerns outstanding inside his tone.

His face, which was leaning a bit forward to Jangmi's face, mainly disturbed the younger one as she couldn't apprehend as if her whole world stopped working. 

The sincere sparks glimmering inside his eyes were really meaningful to Jangmi as no one ever looked at her that way before.

❝ Why are you doing all of this for me? ❞ Bluntly, she questioned with a straight expression as they both stared at each other from a close distance. Jake just plainly faced her with his handsome face, approximately being close with each other.

❝ Aren't you mad at me? After all the shits I've done to you? ❞ , Jangmi asked with her humble tone, still sniffing after all those cries.

Jake chuckled at how unassertive Jangmi was being.

As if she wasn't the same bratty kid who he first encountered on the streets. 

❝ You're just unhappy with your own life so it's quite understandable. No need to worry about that. ❞ He once again reassured with his honey voice before eyes falling all over Jangmi once again as he got up.

Softly, he ruffled her messy strands up as the tomboy stared up at him. ❝ Give yourself a great rest and forget everything else now, hmm? ❞ His soft touch got her all mousy as she just obediently nodded like a clever-clogs towards him for once.

Jake really wasn't that narrow-minded and judgey as much as Jangmi expected him to be.

Rather comforting and such an understanding person to be honest.