Chapter 048

ılı.lıllılı.ıllı.
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻
Play the song from above⬆️
Song:"Who am I" by Bright, Win, Dew and Nani

TW 🚫 // mentions of death, angst

48 : fine to die

❝ Morning, my Jaeyun

❝ Morning, my Jaeyun. ❞

Startled by the clingy cat, Jake almost dropped the pan inside his hands with surprise. Jangmi sneakily had her arms wrapped around his waist as she held onto him. The back hug tickled Jake's rapid heart as he found himself  smiling.

❝ You're up already? I'm making pancakes. Do you want blueberries or strawberries on your pancakes? ❞ The attractive boy had his black sleeves rolled up while flipping the pancakes. He never failed to look charming every single day. Not a surprise that she let her heart fall completely for this young man.

❝ Hmm, I guess...❞ , she hummed mischievously before tippy-toing for a bit to reach Jake's ears since the older was a bit taller than her.

❝ I love strawberries. ❞ She purposely whispered the mention of the fruit. The crimson strawberry only led Jake's mind to the thinking of their heated kiss from last night. Why did he even decided to be that bold?

Her mission to tease the goody-two-shoes was accomplished as expected. The older one's ears turned reddish and flustered the moment she glimpsed at them. His cheeks were automatically heated without her visualization. 

❝ Gosh, this kid-❞

The daring one took it as an opportunity to leave a quick peck on the fine boy's strawberry lips. ❝ Hehe, did I lie though? ❞ Clicking a tongue out, Jangmi teased her boyfriend who's blushing really hard right now. Jake just shook at his joyous youngster. As long as this bold girl's happy, he had no problem giving as much as kisses she wanted.

❝ Ah, right. How did your appointment go that day? I was feeling bad since I couldn't come with you. ❞ Jake, being the endearing sweetheart he was, sulked to just get his fair-toned cheeks squished by Jangmi. 

❝ It went fine...❞ She lowered her husky voice as she grabbed her fork.

The girl didn't want Jaeyun to be distressed because of her. It's better not to tell him before he shares her pain. Everything will be back to normal soon without her. His life will have to continue without her anyway.

❝ Really? Did he say you're improving too? Oho, I'm so proud of my Mimi. ❞

His hands fell on her left rosy cheek that heated under his touch.